Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any of you haves subs in the tC what size are theyand how did you get them to fit??

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
$40 8" Bazooka EL Tube, hooked up via Scion/Bazooka PnP harness, sits on the left side of the trunk (does not cover up the trunk cover flaps and takes 2 seconds to remove). Sounds nice, too

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have 2 12" Bazooka subs, running an 800 watt amp, takes up my whole trunk, hatch, and my amp is mounted to the smaller section of the back seat. in the trunk......... man its louder than hell, I also can remove my box in 20 seconds!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have a single Infinity 10" sub in a 0.75 cubic ft box (stuffed with a little over a pound of polyfill) and a 200W JL Audio amp. To conserve space in the hatch and for an overall "clean" appearance, I mounted the amp under the front passenger seat. It looks, and more importantly, sounds great!! 2-12"s is more than I need (and takes up the whole hatch), and the dealer sub would not have been enough. I too can remove the sub in seconds and only have the speaker wires to show... until they get stuffed into the storage compartment by the spare tire.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Single 12" JL 12w3, fiberglass enclosure to fit the curves of the tC. Dealer sub, lacks quality for me. Also, amp (250 mono block) is hidden in the hatch, locked and stored with a fan to cool.

·
Registered
189 Posts
pakman, how did u get a 12 inch to fit?

·
Registered
23 Posts
carefully, very carefully. It has been two weeks in the making and almost done. Fiberglass can take some time. I'm also seeing if I can keep the spare tire. I had an issue of keeping for convience, or removing it for more space and using my insurance in time of need if a flat occurs.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
ooh.......got any pics?? I'd love to see your set up, Pakman

·
Registered
290 Posts
I just finished installing the factory sub and I love it. It is plenty loud for me
I dont need to be heard miles away, but it sounds very good to me. Finally completes the music plus it fits like a glove and installation is sooooo easy. It comes with great instructions!!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Ive got 2 12s in a 16*12*36 inch box running round 1200watts.. sounds great! The 12s are firing into the glass hatchback(upwards), but I plan on changing it all around with a bigger box.

·
Registered
542 Posts
ive got two 12" rockfords. the box is approx. 31" wide, 17" deep, and 14" tall. do i have a chance of fitting it in the back of a tc?

·
Registered
793 Posts
Originally posted by J&J FlintC@Sep 11 2004, 02:37 AM
I just finished installing the factory sub and I love it. It is plenty loud for me
I dont need to be heard miles away, but it sounds very good to me. Finally completes the music plus it fits like a glove and installation is sooooo easy. It comes with great instructions!!
Isn't the dealer sub a permanent install (ie: can't easily be removed if you quickly need more space)?

Just wondering, b/c I think I heard that somewhere, but wanted to verify.

Sooner or later I want to get a sub/amp install job done, but the first bit of money I save up is going towards my spring/sway bar install.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
tC OEM sub is semi-perminent - no easy quick way to remove it. Plus it covers up the storage space under the right flap of the trunk floor. That's why I got the Bazooka tube and used the same harness that is used with tC sub. the tube takes 5 seconds to disconnect and drop in front of the rear seat if I need the space, and for a tiny car it does it's job

·
Registered
793 Posts
Ah, ok. Thanks for clearing that up!

·
Registered
85 Posts
heres mine!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts