Put down my deposit on 7/11/04, a little over six weeks later my tC is finally MINE.
I've got the popping in the sunroof problem but not unexpected of course as it's been well-documented here. There's an official Toyota fix for this now right? Another thing is that the mechanism to release the hood is malfunctioning... sometimes it pops it, other times nothing. I even tried pulling the release latch all the way and applied pressure with my finger to the wire trying to pick up any slack... don't work
My VIN is really low, 1276! Apparently my tC was sitting in Mansfield, MA at the Toyota distribution headquarters which, if I understand correctly is one of the two main hubs (the other's in NY) for Scions in New England (although the main receiving port is in NJ). I'm not quite sure what they were using it for, it wasn't a showroom model or a demo...
It came standard with Side Airbags, Security, Silver OBX pedals, Mats, and the Rear bumper protector sticker. I actually didn't order any of these originally but that's what they had and I couldn't stand to wait any longer. I'm totally happy with my tC. Yay!!
To do list:
1. Bathe and polish my beauty in Zaino which should be arriving Monday.
2. Look into PIAA Ultra Extreme Mega Super Duper Ridiculously White lights
3. I definatlely want to put a brighter LED into the blinking red console light that we all have. There's just a small barely visible sticker on the door windows to let potential theifs know that this car has a security system. That LED should be much more pronounced.
4. TRD racing knob, I think. Having more silver in the "cockpit"
5. Hmmm... a parking permit! ####!
Sorry, I know this post is all "me, me, me" but I wanted to share the fun and excitement with fellow tC enthusiasts. Good day! Goin' for a drive now!