Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I can say is those POStenzas are an accident waiting to happen. These tires are almost double the # on tire rack. the rubber is VERY sticky!!

I got them free from the dealer... some free tire thing i got with my car

And they make me very happy.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

No ones heard of these?

·
Registered
15,001 Posts
i have em on my civic, good tire and wears well

·
Registered
675 Posts
hey eric.. yeah i think bridgestone makes the Fuzion brand.. it's a "tuner brand", they call it.. i think it's a copy of the bridgestone RE750.. not too bad.. MUCH better than the terrible re92's on the tC as stock..

Sometimes I wonder how long it will be before a lawyer sues toyota for putting these on the car, sort of like the firestone mess with the ford explorer..

but back to your tires, yeah they are pretty decent for the cash..

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
You guys are so funny about these RE92s. The Bridgestones on the Explorers had TREAD SEPARATION at low mileage. The worst I've read about the Potenzas is that people who have them get into accidents when they drive recklessly. Woo.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
The potenza do not grip well, but under dry driving they are a fine tire.

baslisk4:
The explorers tread seperation was caused by the amazingly ####ty suspension on the explorer. Those tires would put on several other models of trucks with no issues. The issue is the explorer is a truck, but they put a suspension on it to make it try and ride like a car, it put a lot of lateral stress on the tread which just couldn't take it and eventually gave out, but it is induced by the explorer suspension. Talk to most off-road shops, there is a reason they won't work on explorers.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
^^^^ I wasn't going to mention it, but the type of driving that caused the Bridgestones on the Explorers to separate is illegal in every state.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
k,
, but thats ok with me.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The worst I've read about the Potenzas is that people who have them get into accidents when they drive recklessly[/b]
actually....that may be the case in some situations, but with me, within a two week period, I had 3 of my tires blow out on me. Once on the freeway, going about 70ish (not too fast in my opinion), and twice on SF city streets doing about 35. So i'm going to go out on a limb and say the Re92's are quite dangerous (from my situations)

·
Registered
675 Posts
Originally posted by QuadinScionTC@Nov 7 2005, 05:21 PM
All I can say is those POStenzas are an accident waiting to happen. These tires are almost double the # on tire rack. the rubber is VERY sticky!!

I got them free from the dealer... some free tire thing i got with my car

And they make me very happy.
so how are the tires? noise? handling? grip wet/dry? ride quality?

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
in regards to the bridgstone potenza re92 tires

we get it.

please, move on.

now,

fuzion ZRi
looks really sick.
The Fuzion brand, manufactured by Bridgestone/Firestone, has been introduced to meet the needs of sport compact car, sports car and sport truck driving enthusiasts and tuners. The first product to carry the Fuzion name is the Fuzion ZRi, an Ultra High Performance Summer tire that combines advanced UNI-T technology with affordable pricing.

UNI-T technologies focus on three primarytire components, the beads, casing and tread, which influence overall performance while enhancing comfort, handling and traction. The Fuzion ZRi molds a Long Link Carbon (an advanced form of carbon black) and a silica-reinforced tread compound into an aggressive, directional tread design to enhance dry traction that also evacuates water from between the tire's contact patch and the road to improve wet grip and reduce the possibility of hydroplaning. Internally, the Fuzion ZRi's casing and twin steel belts deliver responsive handling and cornering stability. The steel belts are reinforced with spirally wound nylon to provide high speed durability while minimizing weight and maximizing ride qualities. The Fuzion ZRi features Rim Guard rubber ridges on its lower sidewalls to function as bumpers to help protect wheels from curb damage.

Fuzion ZRi tires feature subtle black letter styling and will be available in 60-, 55-, 50-, 45-, 40-, 35-, and 30-series H-, V- or W-speed rated sizes for 16" to 20" wheel diameters.[/b]

I am interested in how these work out for you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.