Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah I thought I would never have to post one of these threads, but my luck ran out yesterday.

Just got done having lunch and went over to my buddies apartment to find out he wasnt there. So as I was exiting his complex onto a major street I was stopped completely waiting for traffic and as soon as traffic cleared the guy behind me decided for some unknown reason to squeeze in on the right side of me and go the same way as I was.

As soon as the car was in motion all I heard was *crunch* and I immeditealy thought it was that car. Now the way the entrance and exit is set up in his complex is just a entrance/exit way no turn signal lanes....nothing. I had my blinker on and for some unknown reason he decided to go in which he denies seeing, but again no witnesses. He couldnt even fit through all the way because his bumper was probably literally against my front passenger quarter front fender. So when he seen me go he decided to fit all the way in there and unfortunately we collided as we went the same direction. Should of stayed behind me like the way it was set up.

No injuries, but the whole passenger side is completely tore up, scratched, and dented u name it. My brand new tC with less then 2500 miles completely ruined. All because this guy couldnt wait a good 3 seconds after me. The damage to his car was minimal I just cant figure why my car was so messed up.

Initial damage is 4500, but I already have the appointment set and the parts being ordered this min. Sucks, but thats the breaks. Hopefully his insurance accepts liability from a insurance standpoint on the damage sustained to my car.

*Updated with Pics*

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by mattvs@Jan 25 2006, 10:04 AM
Take him to court. The entire accident is his fault. Make him pay.
insurance is already on it.

If he denies it which I think he will its just common sense that he is at fault like if u rear end someone ur 99% at fault. With this situation if u sidewipe someone at a complete stop practically while making ur own lane ur def at fault.

I will have to see what his side of the story is, but from the damage of the car they should determine his guilt.

I will get statements from my friend who lives in the complex as well as some landscaping guys who were there at the time of the accident, but didnt see it. Also my insurance company will go to the spot to take pics and see where I am coming from.

The only thing he can do is make some crap up and state the accident happened at another location in which thats when the statements of the landscaping guys would come in handy. Just need to track them down within the company.

As for the police report nothing was filed since it happened on private property and they stated just to take eachother's info down.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
UGH! When dumbasses hit your car, it's SO frustrating. My Jeep got hit on NYE from some loser blatently running a light that was red for him for a good 30 seconds (great start to the night) and I was pissed for days. Unfortunately, you were in an accident, but fortunately you weren't hurt. Good luck with everything!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He is def in the wrong. I just talked to my adjuster and she told me that no one has notified her yet. I honestly think the guy wont even file a claim since his bumper didnt exceed the amount of his deductible in which he told me.

Anyways the car is going in on Mon. Parts will be here Fri and it will be in the shop for 2 weeks.

Do you think the car needs to get an alignment with all the damage it took to be on the safe side?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by 06TCDriv3r@Jan 25 2006, 05:47 PM
WHOLY
I would of got out of my car and stuck this guy in the face then called the cops.
yeah I was fuming over this....I honestly couldnt believe the damage at first I thought shiat I curbed my rim.

The guy was disabled, so striking him was not a option.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Sin, I know EXACTLY how you feel. My tC was a victim of a HIT AND RUN today and i am so upset. it's ridiculous how horrible people are and how they treat people with BRAND NEW CARS!!!

Sorry, I'm still really angry about my hit and run today.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Originally posted by Sin_Is_Sick+Jan 25 2006, 09:08 PM-->QUOTE (Sin_Is_Sick @ Jan 25 2006, 09:08 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-06TCDriv3r
@Jan 25 2006, 05:47 PM
WHOLY 
I would of got out of my car and stuck this guy in the face then called the cops.
yeah I was fuming over this....I honestly couldnt believe the damage at first I thought shiat I curbed my rim.

The guy was disabled, so striking him was not a option. [/b]
Alright well then thats fine. dont knock his ass out cuz hes elderly just YELL at him but then again in order to talk you have to speak loud cuz his hearing isnt that great.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by doNna@Jan 25 2006, 06:56 PM
aw, cam phones would come in handy
higher resolution digi cam would be better, but whatever works

take pics right there and then

well, at least you're not hurt
you know that totally slipped my mind about taking a pic right then and there with my phone.

I was having so many things going a million miles an hour through my head.

As for the guy he was disabled, but was my age around 24. I felt bad for the dude, but again it was his fault should of been more patient and more of a defensive driver.

Also sucks to the guy about the hit and run thats the absolute worst. Hope the car is back to normal again soon.

I'll update more as I hear more on whats going on with the both us and pics to come when the car is out of the shop in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Holy Hell. that's a big dent.

·
Registered
868 Posts
That sucks. Glad you're ok though, that's what matters. It is just a car after all.

And to the person who said hitting someone from behind is 99% your fault, you're almost correct, except in my case. I did hit someone from behind, but he had a broken tail-light, and no back bumper. It was a wash. His company paid for his damage, and mine paid for mine. I never saw an increase in my policy, and yes, it has renewed since then.

Back OT, I wish you and your tC a speedy recovery

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.