Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so as i had previously stated, i recieved my Hotchkis Lowering springs from Ken on wednesday i bleve and my friend and i put them in on saturday. O....M....G!!! these springs are the F'ing Ish!!
im extremely exstatic about how well they ride. they feel stock as far as bumps and ride quality go but the car handles almost on rails. the tires (stock) are the reason i say ALMOST. they will give out waaaaaaay b4 the suspension has reached its serious limits. However, that said, the springs still make the tires feel as if they are 2x better. i would say they feel better than that but i'd rather not spinout and wrap my tC around a pole just to say "well it seems the tires gave out earlier than anticipated." i can however feel a progeressive break from the tires now where the stock springs absorbed feedback too much. the springs give better road response and you can FEEL the directness of the road feeedback on the wheel. NOW its a sports coupe! its as if the springs make the car feel like an extintion of urself. sounds like im getting paid, huh? maybe im just biased and happy to have them on but i could swear that these springs are the ish. my boy has some Neuspeed springs on his crx but it doesnt feel as good as these hotchkis'. thats the only serious comparison i have tho since his is the only other lowered car i've driven and also comparing to stock tC springs. its posted as a 1.75 front drop and 1.97 rear. but as far as the more visual people go (which i am 1) the drop is juuuuust about a 1/2 inch above the top of the tire on 17's. with me in the car it sits perfect, with no wheel gap and no tucking. it has just enuf room to settle still without tucking. what else can i say? if ur thinking that the TRD is not low enuf but afraid of a drop that gives tucking then the hotchkis are the way to go. and the car doesnt loose the aggressiveness of having the car level out and the front being higher or level with the rear despite the xtra .2 drop on the rear. i cant say enuf but im sure ur tired of reading. i just couldnt find a good review on these springs but i was asked about them onec they were in.

the install was about 5 hours. yeah i know im slow
but its my first SERIOUS DIY. VERY EASY THO! we had a compressor, air wrench and a pneumatic car lift. we milked VW for everything they had at the shop. (where my friend works) i feel very confident about my skill as a DIY'er now since this was a nice cherry popper. the right tools and the right friend and this is complete CAKE! just grab sum balls and your springs and get started. my rant is done. sorry so long.

i'll post pics of the install and b4 and afters when my camera runs out of shots
got 15 left.

oh....mods, i may need u to move this to the reviews section if u see fit. i didnt want to post twice in both forums but this ended up turning into a reveiw.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Sounds like you're happy with your springs.
Thanks for the review... I'm still undecided about which springs I want, so any information on the subject is always a welcome read. Glad you like them, and I hope they give you many more miles of enjoyment.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yeah man, i have the hotchkis springs too, same response, i love them, the ride is still extremley smooth like stock but very responsive as well. The only thing i have to add, is that it will settle more than you think, I've had mine for about 5 months now and its slightly under the fender, also the back wheel is under the fender more than the front so at first glance the back looks lower, but it is actually still higher than the front. Doesn't bother me though, it still looks hot.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Surfer, u get scrappage alot? i know u said u had sum b4. i drive rather careful but generally on the same streets all the time. i havent gotten any yet. im hoping i wont.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thanks for the good read! I called Sparks back up after I was done reading and a bit of searching and added the Hotchkis to my order along with the B&M Short Shifter! Sooo it looks like it will be one hell of a modding weekend!

I'll be sure to update my feedback on the difference as soon as I get them installed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.