Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to get a TC for weeks. Yesterday, I got hail damage to my truck roof, hood, and both front fenders. Today, they called me and said they have done a dealer trade and they will have the car in a couple of days. They already qouted me at $10,700 for a trade in before the hail damage. Should I go to the dealership and act like nothing happened to the truck or should I tell them. The damage can't be easily see. What should I do?

· Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I will most likely call the dealership and tell them what happened. Then I will have the insurance look at it. Then simple, give the dealership the truck and sign the check over to them.

· Registered
7,758 Posts
I'd say that you should just not say anything. What's the worst that could happen? If they notice it before the trade-in is finalized, they would probably increase the amount you would have to pay, but they'd do that if you told them too. I'm usually an honest person, but they'd probably do the same to you. hah.

Feel lucky that the hail happened before you got the tC, so you're new car isn't damaged. heh.

· Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If they do find out, hom much lower do you think the trade in would be?

· Premium Member
7,158 Posts
depends on how much damage.

I would suggest letting it ride. unless, you are really honest. then, tell them and hope for the best. they probibly dont care either.

anyway, how bad is the damage. would it cost you $10 to fix or $5,000.

· Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are small dents on the hood, roof, and side panels. I don't know if they would need to be replaced or they could be fixed. It is on a 2005 Dodge Ram.

· Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Would the dents just pop out, or would it cause the paint to chip off?

· Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How did you pop out the dents?

· Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, right now I am only getting 13 miles a gallon. It costs me 270 a month in gas.

· Registered
1,554 Posts
I'd try to play it off. Can't hurt to try.

· Registered
957 Posts
GOD have mercy on your wallet... play it off, when i traded my mustang in, the day before the trade in, my winshield cracked.. I had a "spider web" type of crack before.. but some idiot decided over night to make it worse and it cracked.. and doubled the size.. didn't say anything.. i'm hoping the guy i bought the car isn't on this site.. (he owns a tc as well).. good luck with the "scion experience" lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.