Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up?? I just got my tC on friday the 15th... im bout to upgrade the system..i like the pio 6 speaker/2 tweeters set up. But, It's not pushing out the bass that I'm used to.
Im thinking about purchasing the Audiobahn Dual Subwoofer Bandpass System

• Bandpass design
• Dual 12" subwoofers
• 800 watts RMS power
• Neon lighting (TO MATCH THE INTERIOR LIGHTS & BLUE STREETGLOW!)

also a amp.... the one I like is the Audiobahn Mono-Channel Amplifier

• 400 watts RMS at 4 ohms
• Mono-channel
• Low pass filter
• RCA connections

I might go alittle higher with the amp...i might want more watts pushed out... i dunno. You should hear me coming down the street after I get all this installed. What kinda systems do you guys got? Any comments on the system im considering?
Just wanted to see what some of ya got to say.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Are you listening to music, or are you "feelin' it"? That's a lot of bass for a tiny car... I would not go anywhere near that thing without my firing range earplugs...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by zoltiz@Oct 19 2004, 07:29 AM
Are you listening to music, or are you "feelin' it"? That's a lot of bass for a tiny car... I would not go anywhere near that thing without my firing range earplugs...
both...sounds good to me
thanks for movin the thread...sorry bout that

·
Registered
730 Posts
With that much power on the subs, you'll drown out the highs. You'll need to add an amp for the highs to keep up. Then you'll prolly have too much power to the highs and end up blowing them, so you'll have to get some new highs too...maybe you should go with a little less power on the sub if you don't want to upgrade everything else in the system.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by NickySantoro@Oct 19 2004, 04:43 PM
Clarity is the key to a system not bass if u ask me.
true ..thanks for the comments guys

·
Registered
85 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
also a lot of bass means youll kill ur hearing for later in life, ie you wont hear the low lows and the high highs, =) i think its better just to have enough bass =0

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Too much low-end bass is also not good for the lifespan of your car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
While on the bass subject. I have the subwoofer option installed and for the most part its great. Now I've never realy had a "system" in my cars because up till this year I've been a poor college student. My problem is that on the feel setting it seems the bass gets distorted. Instead of nice crisp thumps i'm getting more of a drawn out rumble. Is this normal? I haven't touched the system, its all the way the dealer put it in. I normaly listen to trance/house/dance/techno etc, so the baseline is very important to me. Nothing can ruin a good Paul Van **** mix like a rumbleing distorted baseline.

·
Registered
299 Posts
^^ true that... i dont have the option installed but when i turn it up to listen to some good trance i get that vibration too...
kinda sad

my computer speakers sound a lot better than the tC's... maybe i'll swap them haha!

i have some old atlec lansing speakers too...

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Well... my computer speakers are WAY better than tC's (Logitec Z-680).

And stock bazooka (or any other 8-10" powered sub) is completely adequate for the tC if you want to enjoy the music, as opposed to make your car into a rattling mess.

·
Registered
34 Posts
my computer speakers sound a lot better than the tC's... maybe i'll swap them haha! wink.gif[/b]
HA! I know what you mean. I have my computer wired into my stearo. Typical college/computer geek setup, my computers are just sitting on the floor in my back room surrounded by a huge tangle of wires. Not the best stero, an OLD sony that my parrents got me for x-mass one year back in highschool, but it does sometimes sound like they are doing much better then my car's... probably because they arn't in an enclosed space and are sitting on solid ground.

But my problem still remains. Is there something I can do? Is there some setting somewhere I'm missing? Do I need to upgrade my sub? I don't want to shake the neighborhood... but I do want to be able to feal a good mix thumping in my chest!

·
Registered
4 Posts
the thing is, you'll never get that crisp clear bass that you want, with that stock bazooka. I got it, not realizing how lame it is. That sub can push alot of bass, but it is all muddy and drowns out any low overtones as well. I actually had to turn the gain down from the factory setting, just so I could get an actual representation of the overall sound. another big problem is that the kick drum is extremely loud, but the sub doesn't always pick up the bass guitar frequencies, and if it does, the bass guitar (instead of being very tight and powerful) just washes all over the place, and sounds like it was recorded in a garage with a crappy mic. I need to find a sub that pushes clear concise signals and that doesn't muddy up the low end. any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I Just turn down the bass and crank the treble of the stock system's highs. Im in the process of putting 5 cubic feet of box into the tC, yes it rattles like a bag of skittles... thats inevitable.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts