Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my goldline's came in yesterday, so we went to work last night swapping out the TRD springs i was running and installing the goldline's. we had a terrible time with the driver's side strut, and this had to have been the least efficient we have been at doing a spring swap since we did wolo's last summer. everything just seemed to take forever, stupid mistakes, etc... anyway, it was lance to the rescue for the f#cked up strut, and the rest got ironed out. dropped it on the ground at about 12 or so.

drive test through some hard corners proved a noticeable difference over the TRD's. tighter, more responsive, even less roll. i asked lance to take it down the road a couple times and he found the edge of my nitto's. car stayed in really good form, even in hard cornering. and not too rough a ride to be a daily driver. i like the TRD springs a lot - and i like these a bit more.

plus, the wheel gap is just where i want it. i will post pics in the appropriate forum when i get a chance to not be at work today.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my weekend is sun-tue. sunday is booked in the morning at least, maybe in the evening, i will have to see how things go. as for moday and tuesday, if those days are okay i think i can swing something. still, i have to check my calendar for sure.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
D, we need to make you a special tool to fit the underside of the strut cap in case the problem strikes again. Let me know when you do Ryan's car so I can take a couple of measurements from the strut cap.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^^^ you got it. a great idea if i ever heard one.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ryan - today's good. the earlier the better. check your pm's for my number and give me a call.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
What are you going to do with the TRD's?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Sold to Ryan.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Are you expecting the goldline's to mess with the oem shocks? How long you think you'll be able to run them before they go?

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
no problem, ryan. glad you like them.

as for the oem struts and shocks, yeah, i know what you are saying. they are going to go soon for a set of the trd's most likely.

·
Registered
19 Posts
yeah my friend installed my goldlines for me and we ran in some problems installing but the front springs were piece of cake ... the back were much more time consuming . I also couldnt be more happy with my springs and drop they are awsome!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.