Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let you guys know, I recieved my door sill enhancements from ImportEquipment.com which is represented on here by YCart1201. The vinyl so far seems to be extremely high quality, and I am about to go install it as you read this. Look for the pics soon! - T

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Would love to see those, T. If they are as good as they sound, that could be a great alternative to the factory sill enhancements.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow, im excited for when you guys get to put these on your own cars! This product is awesome, heres a teaser pic ......the air bubbles went away once I pushed the application liquid out but I was to excited to wait and take the pic after! - T

·
Registered
167 Posts
it's doesn't look smooth t. it looks like there are pieces of rocks caught in between, or maybe scratches... is it or just the shot?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Originally posted by TCrazy@Aug 14 2004, 10:57 AM
....the air bubbles went away once I pushed the application liquid out but I was to excited to wait and take the pic after! - T

They're just air bubbles. He said that they went away.... This is just a "teaser" pic

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Ah... Now I'm jealous... I wonder how they look with the factory upgraded sills... I'm afraid it would be too much cause the other ones have tC on them too.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the sticker is now completly smooth, because the liquid underneath has dried. This is the first time these have ever been put on a tC so if you guys have suggestions for improving them.....dont be afraid to put your opinion in here! - T

·
Registered
583 Posts
Ehh, I dont really like em, they look kinda cheesy. No offense meant. If you like them more power to ya, but I dunno, they just look too "stickery" I know they are stickers, but I just don't personally like em. But congrats, I'm still jealous cuz you have a tC and I dont...YET!

·
Registered
187 Posts
I think Ycart should offer those in Black with the "Scion" emblem in every color the car is offered. I would be interested in a Black/White one when I get my Super White Scion. Also, perhaps add the T/C in it. or ah TRD emblem for those interested.

Nice overall.....but I think it could be made better. =)

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Originally posted by ufgatorfan@Aug 14 2004, 03:44 PM
I think Ycart should offer those in Black with the "Scion" emblem in every color the car is offered. I would be interested in a Black/White one when I get my Super White Scion. Also, perhaps add the T/C in it. or ah TRD emblem for those interested.

Nice overall.....but I think it could be made better. =)
I would also like to see the decal in black... with maybe silver SCION ... I think that may look kinda nice on the BSP tC...

·
Registered
999 Posts
A transparent sticker would be cool. Or actually match every color available for the tC would benefit everyone.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Originally posted by SilverX@Aug 14 2004, 08:39 PM
A transparent sticker would be cool. Or actually match every color available for the tC would benefit everyone.
Thats a great idea.... probably more feasible than doing the decal in every color...

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Guys, please......i cant stress enough that the photo was meant as a teaser. The actual product will probably vary as tweaking etc... will occur to make it perfect. YCart has a great idea here, and Im sure it will take off very fast!

·
Registered
282 Posts
I love the way it looks! although i agree that the end of the decal needs a better edge. its too stickery. if you could make it transparent it would look awesome bc you cant see the edge.

Maybe round it off or have the black fade into transparent??
I would love to see it fade a bit on the edges!

Hope this helps Ycart with some ideas so he can offer a varitey to suit some people's taste.
Let me know if there are any other kinds i would love to see them!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Yeah, then you just have to figure out what color to make the lettering though, so it looks OK on all of the cars....(although one transparent/silver and another transparent/black would probably do the trick).

Also, I like that it says Scion and not tC, since the door sill option says tC.....would be too much if they both said that.

Overall, I like 'em...mainly for protection purposes...and also that area of the door collects a lot of water when I wash mine, so if I forget to open the door to dry the area off, maybe it won't make the water spots look so bad.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts