Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 06 tc, does ny one know if i still my alpine cd 9843, will i still be able to contrl the volume and track functions on the steering wheel and will i still be able to use that auxilary outlet?

·
Registered
730 Posts
The 9843 does not have a direct input for the steering wheel controls. You would need to step up to the 9851 or higher. The 9843 is not even IR remote ready. For that, you would have to go to the 9845 or higher. There is no possible way to make the steering wheel controls work with the 9843, sorry.

Same is true for the AUX input. The 9845 has an AUX input mini jack and the 9847 and up can use the Ai-NET input with a KCA-121B adapter cable for the AUX input. Sorry, but unfortuneately the 9843 is limited.

If it is possible, I would try to take it back and get at least a 9847 (Ai-NET, IR remote, 3 preouts, SAT ready, iPOD ready) that way you can be ready to upgrade in the future as well. The price difference should only be about $40. Not a bad deal for all those extras...

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So the 9851 will let you use the stock tC steering wheel controls? How do you set that up? Any adapters or fancy wiring required? I was planning on getting the 9847 but if the 51 will let you use those controls, that seems like it would be worth the extra $$.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Originally posted by monkeysan@Sep 21 2005, 07:36 AM
So the 9851 will let you use the stock tC steering wheel controls? How do you set that up? Any adapters or fancy wiring required? I was planning on getting the 9847 but if the 51 will let you use those controls, that seems like it would be worth the extra $$.
Yeah i was interested in doing this myself. How would we go about doing that? I wanna maintain my steering wheel controls but the only thing i could find was a "Steering Wheel Interface" by Peripheral Electronics Model: PESWIALP (alpine Units) and PESWIPS (Sony and Pioneer units) The product discription is for installations with units the have a "Wired Remote Input".

Whats your thoughts on the ALPMAN.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've used the PAC model that Crutchfield sells on a friend's car. The head unit was an Alpine CDM-9830 I believe, and it worked okay. It functions using learned codes from the head unit's remote. There is some wiring involved, and some cars require a resistor to be added to the button circuits, but it was a fairly straightforward install.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.