Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Havn't been here in awhile... thought I would mention my tC and a new Camry I am getting ready to buy...

The only problems with my tC is a broken drivers door seat track/frame, the sunroof/windshield seal popping out, and a rattle around the hood release area. Hopefully these will all be taken care of today... but the car runs great and managed to float through mountains (in WV and VA) in 5th gear with cruise set at 75ish
. It never once slowed down or lugged with me and my wife... great car

Now I am getting ready to buy a new Camry SE w/ alloy wheels... The dealership says they will sell me the car at Invoice, plus 700 cash back from toyota and 400 college grad cash back.
The total out the door cost is somewhere around 22k.... Is this a good deal, can I find anyone to sell me a camry under invoice? They are also charging 230 paperwork fee...

Thanks for the advice...

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I usually recommend my friends to go to carsdirect.com, price out the car the dealer is offering them and work their way down from carsdirect price.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow, carsdirect pricing is pretty nice...

What does a dealer make on this purchase?

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by barrypii@Feb 24 2005, 10:45 AM
wow, carsdirect pricing is pretty nice...

What does a dealer make on this purchase?
AFAIK, carsdirect has pre-negotiated deals with dealers everywhere, and when you buy a car on carsdirect (you can do that) - you just go and pick it up at one of the dealers in your area. I know 3 couples that did it in different parts of the country - if you give them some freedom on the options they will find you a car pretty fast, but if you want something weird in a specific color they can order it from port/factory and you will have to wait, but you are guaranteed to pay the website price. In any case - I will never pay more for a car than what carsdirect lists.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Sorry to hear about your tC probs.

The Camry price sounds good. I almost bought an Accord through Carsdirect, the Honda dealers around hear suck. The price Carsdirect quoted was the best, but I decided to get the tC.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
i take it that price is on a 4cyl SE with alloys? if so, thats not a bad price at all.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
V6 SE with nothing on it (besides standard SE stuff) should be around $23500 with tax and title.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I would go here, before I buy anything but a Scion or Saturn. You might be surprised by how low you can really go on the price.

Also, if you can do it, plan to buy the car on Monday, Feb 28th. It's the last day of the month, and there will be some very hungry salesmen on the last day of the month. Again, you might get a deal at or below what you expect to pay because the guy NEEDS to sell a car to either stay employed or to hit an accelerator for the month. I've seen deals below cost on the last day of the month, just so the deal gets on the books before monthly closeout.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I guess that will be Saturday at 6:30 at Maita. But I know he would never attack me at his place of business. That would be very foolish, so it will have to be kart racing the next time we can get him to come with us.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
The fightingchance.com place looks too much like one of those scam artist sites where they are trying to sell you a PDF version of yellow pages as a list of super low price eBay wholesalers...

It might be different, but they should have posted a sample of their PDFs online. I would not buy from them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the info guys...

I have no problem with dealerships makin money, everyone needs to eat... I just don't want to make their house and boat payments for a couple of months...

The SE was with 4cyl, loaded with alloys, ground effects, jbl radio, sunroof, and door sill thingys for 22,100 out the door...
I think that that is a pretty good deal.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
All that really matters is you feel good about the deal!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.