Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
4,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

MSRP going to be in the neighborhood of $20K, RWD, 50/50 weight distribution, 170hp/165tq 2.4L - will make a kick ass weekend car. Good thing MR2 Spyder is no more - these things will be way more bang for the buck...

· Former '05er
12,590 Posts
Same engine as the Ion? Expect to see a supercharged one, they already have a boosted Ion for $20k. Wish Scion had done that...

· Registered
4,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's exactly my thoughts - look nice, might get a blower one day, and they are CHEAP for a RWD roadster... With all my dislike toward domestics - this thing might make a good weekend car...

· Former '05er
12,590 Posts
If they did it right, it might be the new Miata. Wait, WTF am I thinking, it's GM, it'll be another Fiero...damn.

· Premium Member
16,847 Posts
You never know about Saturn, it might be a good car. They ARE you using the Honda 3.5 liter V6 in the VUE. Thats a bit of a departure from the rest of GM.

· Former '05er
12,590 Posts
Yeah, but I'm a lot more concerned about the chassis. If they have double wishbone suspension on all corners (and obviously IRS), then they are shooting straight at the Miata. If it's a strut car, well, it's been compromised from the initial design. Miatas didn't kill the MkI MR2 in SCCA for nothing, Mazda did it right. I hope Saturn did too, it would be cool to have a domestic worthy of a track day right off the showroom floor for less than the cost of a Corvette.

· Premium Member
16,847 Posts
more:
"2.4 liter, 16 valve, inline-4 Ecotec engine with Variable Valve Timing
170hp, 162 ft. lbs. of torque
5-speed manual transmission with short-throw shifter and sefl-adjusting clutch
Available elctronically controlled 5-speed automatic transmission
18-inch flangless alloy wheels equipped with Goodyear P245/45 performance tires
Hydraulic pawer-assisted rack and pinion steering
Hydroformed/stamped steel body structure with steel aluminum chassis
Available torque-sensing limited slip differential"

· Former '05er
12,590 Posts
Damn. Everything but the supercharger...

· Registered
4,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The more I read about these things - the more I want to get married, buy one of these for my wife, and auto-x the crap out of it on weekends

· Registered
1,276 Posts
thats an incredibly sweet ride for the money, hopefully gm doesn't fall flat on their face on this one.

· Registered
1,554 Posts
Lately, Saturn has been acting blatantly un-Saturn-ish.

· Registered
6,498 Posts
Originally posted by Azrael@Feb 22 2005, 12:26 AM
Lately, Saturn has been acting blatantly un-Saturn-ish.
By which I can only assume that you mean that they have been making cars that are not ugly and brittle?

· Registered
11,890 Posts
Not brittle? I leave you with these pictures. 75 shot of nitrouson a Saturn o_O

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.