Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you recommend in fixing up a chipped/scratched windshield?

It isn't deep at all, seems like it's on the surface. I was wondering if I could just get it "buffed," or get some kind of polish???

·
Registered
675 Posts
is it a "starburst" type chip/crack? usually if there is a crack.. i know safelite does a good job.. they come out and inject a resin into the crack to stop it..

if it's not a chip (material missing) or a crack.. just a surface scratch? you can try a little Bon Ami cleanser.. it looks like comet.. but i've used it on glass.. take a little and buff the scratch.. (wet of course).. i wouldn't use it on the entire windshield..

but I keep thinking you have a crack/chip.. and that need to be professionaly filled.. i'd do that before it spreads.. have heard some people are still waiting for a replacement windshield from japan.. besides, i wouldn't want someone to "learn" how to do a tC windshield on my car!! let us know how it goes..

·
Registered
223 Posts
Or try this

late

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by TCrazy@Oct 3 2004, 09:30 PM
if its not a rock chip or anything of that nature.....try the zaino brothers glass polish from www.zainobros.com. - t
Do you work for them or something?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4+Oct 3 2004, 10:18 PM-->QUOTE (basilisk4 @ Oct 3 2004, 10:18 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-TCrazy
@Oct 3 2004, 09:30 PM
if its not a rock chip or anything of that nature.....try the zaino brothers glass polish from www.zainobros.com. - t
Do you work for them or something? [/b]
nope....I just know their products , and I know they work. I only reccomend things I have used......ya know? - t

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No starburst or chip, just a little material missing.. I will try those applications, thanks you guys. I bought my Scion TC Last Wednesday! I love it and it's my baby (first car)... just trying to take care of it.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by TCrazy@Oct 3 2004, 10:44 PM
nope....I just know their products , and I know they work. I only reccomend things I have used......ya know? - t
That's way better than just making stuff up, like so many people do. Was just curious since you seem to have a deep love for Zaino.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts