Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
jus wondering what everybody uses to clean your windows after giving the tC a bath..i always end up with this nasty looking film that never goes away or streaks the go on for days..no matter how many times i clean them they always come back..any tips or which cleaner to buy?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Originally posted by Wolo@Mar 28 2005, 12:27 AM
Stoners Invisible Glass.

Stoners also makes a great tire cleaner (More Shine Less Time). Good stuff.
I agree on both accounts. The Invisible Glass is available at many stores..including Walmart. The More Shine..Less time is a little harder to locate. The Invisible Glass is great to use around the house too. Cleans house windows and will clean and shine chrome and stainless steel well too. Clean the outside and inside of car windows with it and a application or two of Rain-X on the outside and you will be ready to go..

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Glass Plus / no ammonia. Cheap and tasty.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I agree with all the above statements, Stoner's products are the best there is. If you combime Stoner's Invisible Glass with Rain-X you will have glass so clean you might try and stick your hand through it.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
yep, i use stoner's tire care and glass cleaner. excellent results inside and out. those guys make a good product.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I use that Mr. Clean Auto Dry which takes care of the outside windows. Inside the car is where I have a problem. I can't use anything like windex because of the tint they say use rubbing alcohal but I don't see how that will clean them.

If anybody knows of a Cleaner that is safe on Tint please let me know.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Meguiar's NXT has a new window cleaner that they just released. I bought it last weekend and love it. I think the key for cleaning all windows is using newspaper when wiping it off. You will leave no streaks if use newspaper (your hands will just be black).

·
Registered
113 Posts
We use a product called eagle 20/20. Its safe on tint and works incredibly well. I dont agree with the newspaper tip. If its leaving black on your hands its leaving black on your windows. Use a soft terry cloth towel if you can.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I used to use a product called No Streek. It gets applied and forms a haze, then you remove it with a clean cloth. I've never seen anything work as well as it does, but I can't find it anymore. I bought some Stoner's last night, and it seems to work well on the bathroom mirror, but I haven't tried it in the car yet.

The biggest problem with cleaning car windows is the plastics in the interior lose hydrocarbons as they age. They end up evenly coating the entire interior which is OK for the opaque surfaces, but sucks big time for glass. It is this film you are cleaning when you see all the streaks with conventional cleaners.

·
Registered
116 Posts
If its leaving black on your hands its leaving black on your windows.[/b]
Actually that is not true. Have you ever cleaned windows with newspaper? It does not leave any black on your windows, it just leaves them streak free. Try it sometime. You will see.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.