Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,
I decided to run my tC through the car wash after filling up the tank to take care of some of that road dust I had picked up that day. So the wash goes through a couple cycles, no problem. Then, as it switches to the "super soak" or whatever the high pressure cycle was called, I looked up just in time to get a nice jet of water shot right in my face as the high pressure jet went right through the seal on the sunroof. As I sat there like a wet cat, I was thankfull that I was on the way back from my meeting and didn't worry about showing up some place soaking wet.

I didn't see any leaks in the other wash cycles, so the high pressure jet must have hit the seal just right.

Just a head up to anyone who thinks about stopping through a quick wash.

---zero

·
Registered
66 Posts
take the antenna off before going into a car wash, its quite easy....it just screws off

·
Registered
619 Posts
Welcome to the forum
and thanks for the tip. I was going to run through one yesterday and something told me not too. Glad i didnt.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I was thinking the same thing when I got gas the other day C!ph3r but I decided to wait and hand wash it when I get my next day off.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Blah..I'm terrible about washing cars and if I can't use an automatic car wash, it's not going to be pretty...

Hehe.

·
Registered
619 Posts
well i thing something like autobell would be ok seeing as it doesn’t rely on just water pressure to clean the car. But then you have to worry about scratches. Suck it LoopLady_1 and break out the sponge

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by TCrazy@Jul 17 2004, 06:19 PM
sounds like a fluke? I ran through a high-pressure touchless today with ZERO leakage from sunroom/window seals.
Well, it wasn't so much a leak as a jet of water shot briefly through the seal. If you check the seal between the front window piece and the sunroof, you can see it is a little "spongy". I didn't have any water leaking in around the seal, just that one jet hitting me in the face.

Kinda wish I had that on video, bet it was funny looking.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I live in FL and we have thunder storms almost everyday in the summer. Has any one had any leaking from normal rain storms?
Thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nope, I live in Florida too... and I haven't had any problems with leaks... I've also been through many touchless carwashes... haven't had any problems there either.

·
Registered
346 Posts
NEVER use automatic drive thru washes. hand wash that thing. automatic washes will RUIN your paint over the years. and if you're too lazy like me, pay some mexicans to do it at one of those car wash places.

and dont call me racist. at least 75% of the employees at those places are latino.

·
Registered
453 Posts
more like 90 around here, but they do a fine job...not that i would let anyone else touch my car, but my family loves those places

·
Registered
109 Posts
well i thing something like autobell would be ok seeing as it doesn’t rely on just water pressure to clean the car. But then you have to worry about scratches. Suck it LoopLady_1 and break out the sponge [/b]

I think you probably meant suck it up

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
haha...he told her to suck it

·
Registered
86 Posts
i've been handwashing mine ever since i've gotten it.... every 2-3 days or so.. lol... the IIP is a little hard to keep clean, esp on texas back roads... but, i'm enjoying hand washing it, and how many people stop to look at it when i am is staggering....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts