Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a Sirius satellite radio system a couple of weeks ago. Works nicely, but on a trip to Charlotte, noted that several of the "dead" zones on the FM modulator came to life and made listening rather difficult!

So I picked up the PIE TOY03-AUX audio converter. Put it in, installed the RCA plugs to the Sirius holder, and now I get direct satellite feed with no worries of other FM stations horning in on the sound!

The center console came out with a snap, and once I figured it out, it went all back in rather quickly. I love the fact that this car is so easy to work on and that the single CD/MP3 player took the adaptor!

A quick hint. The wiring schematic in the PIE box, well ignore it. My head unit has four square-connector ports. Two are used up. The inside empty one is where this plugs in. The other connector of the audio converter just lays there -- nothing to hook up to it.

Thanks to Toyota for making the mod so simple. Thanks to ricoo25 for mentioning the PIE part and website, and thanks to basilisk4 for telling me the wiring was OK!

Cheers!

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Glad to be of help to someone, Dan, and glad your install came out soe well!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Originally posted by GA tC@Sep 28 2004, 10:16 PM
Got a Sirius satellite radio system a couple of weeks ago. Works nicely, but on a trip to Charlotte, noted that several of the "dead" zones on the FM modulator came to life and made listening rather difficult!

So I picked up the PIE TOY03-AUX audio converter. Put it in, installed the RCA plugs to the Sirius holder, and now I get direct satellite feed with no worries of other FM stations horning in on the sound!

The center console came out with a snap, and once I figured it out, it went all back in rather quickly. I love the fact that this car is so easy to work on and that the single CD/MP3 player took the adaptor!

A quick hint. The wiring schematic in the PIE box, well ignore it. My head unit has four square-connector ports. Two are used up. The inside empty one is where this plugs in. The other connector of the audio converter just lays there -- nothing to hook up to it.

Thanks to Toyota for making the mod so simple. Thanks to ricoo25 for mentioning the PIE part and website, and thanks to basilisk4 for telling me the wiring was OK!

Cheers!
hey ga TC!!

you got the PIE adapter? awesome!! so they said to get to the input you hit cd twice? how is the audio quality??

i've been looking at this since i found they made these for all sorts of cars.. was looking at one for my old honda civic.. but yeah now that I have the scion.. i'd probably get one when i get sirius.. so let me know how it is..

any grounding needed? i heard blitzsafe's needed grounding.. how's PIE's? how much $$?

thanks for the info ahead of time..

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I know you didn't ask me, but I also did a satellite radio install with the PIE adaptor, so I thought I'd chime in here. The PIE adaptor does not need grounding. It costs about $70, and the sound quality is absolutely unbelievable -- better than many of the CDs I have.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by sciontc_mich@Oct 3 2004, 12:22 AM
hey ga TC!!

you got the PIE adapter? awesome!! so they said to get to the input you hit cd twice? how is the audio quality??

i've been looking at this since i found they made these for all sorts of cars.. was looking at one for my old honda civic.. but yeah now that I have the scion.. i'd probably get one when i get sirius.. so let me know how it is..

any grounding needed? i heard blitzsafe's needed grounding.. how's PIE's? how much $$?

thanks for the info ahead of time..
The sound quality is superb! No grounding required, but like I said, you have to make sure you put the correct plug in the correct socket. The dwg included in the PIE package may not be correct.

On my radio, if you have a CD in the player, you need to hit the button twice. If there is no CD in the player, it will automatically pick up if you hit the button once.

Excellent stuff!

Hope that helps,

Dan

·
Registered
675 Posts
basilisk4..

no that's cool you chimed in.. i didn't realize you had the PIE adapter as well.. sounds like it's exactly what I thought it would do! $70 isn't too bad to be able to input a signal into the radio!!

and ga tc.. that's great it's working out! when I do finally get sirius radio I'll definitely get this adapter! thanks for the info..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts