Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so somebody backed into the front left end of my car a few months back, and FINALLY after months of waiting the guy's insurance company sent me a check. i want to get it fixed as soon as possible, so i went to the local mechanic, and said he could buff out the dents and stuff for like $700 bucks. but if he's never worked on a tC before, do you think he'll do it well as opposed to getting the bumper and stuff replaced? if it's better to just buff out the dents, then maybe i can get myself that exhaust for myself this christmas with the money saved =P

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
If the guy really told you that he could "buff out dents," then I definitely wouldn't trust him since that's impossible. Dents need to be popped/pushed out.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I'd say unless the damage is minor to get it replaced. Can't really say without pictures.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Yeah, hood's probably ok. Still can't tell for bumper and fender. Paint looks ok though, so who knows.

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
I'd talk to a paintless dent repair guy. They can do some pretty amazing things. You'd be surprised how many "new" cars have had dent repairs by these guys. Most dealers have them on speed dial...

·
Registered
424 Posts
Dealing with creases in the bumper might be a problem. I can't really tell from the pics if there are hard creases. It *might* be possible to remove them with heat. As for the paintless repair, look into it. Those guys really are miracle workers.

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
It's usually a LOT cheaper than conventional repairs. If it could be done with your car it would likely be less than $300. Ask any car dealership who does it for them, I'm serious about them being on speed dial. You can also look in the yellow pages, there are lots of them.

·
Registered
664 Posts
i used the ding king before on my old civic.. i was skeptical at first, but hey was cheaper than a body shop for a shopping cart dent! ouch! but it really does work.. probably not as good as a professional dent remover person but not bad at all..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.