Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<span style="font-family:Arial">
Hello people, I'm about to go get a 06 Scion Tc on Saturday. I just wanted to kno if the car is worth it. I 've heard really good things about it. Give me some experiences, cuz I'm in between a 05 Ford Mustang and the 06 Scion Tc.
Thanx! I'm also new here, hehe</span>

· Registered
122 Posts
Welcome.
LMAO, If your about to get it on Saturday, its a little to late to ask that question!!!

The car is more than worth it, i dont have one yet but soon. I've been on this site for a few months, and I learned SO much. You have nothing to worry about.

How old are you?

Tell us how the car is when you get it home.
Good Luck!

· Registered
11,890 Posts
Definately worth it.... it's in a class all of it's own. Building it up for track use is extremely fun, and even more so when you get to take it out on a track
Where do you live at?

You won't regret the purchase whatsoever, especially once you are behind the wheel.
The main thing you'll realize when you get in this is that it is a LOT more reliable and more comfortable than a mustang, at least in my humble opinion. Also better built and has a stiffer chassis... we'll ask you in a couple of months how happy you are and I'm sure you will regret having ever touched the mustang.

· Registered
4,894 Posts
Is it in the dealership already? I hope you've test drove it and talked to the dealership and everything already.

I love my tC

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<span style="font-family:Arial"><span style="color:blue"><span style="font-family:Arial">I live in Miami. Im 22/f. And no i hav't driven it yet, I'v just read alot and asked many people. Thank you all for reasurring my decision. I am planning on getting it on the track someday, but I'll get there lil by lil, hehee. I'm hoping also that it will be better than my current car, 98 Mustang.
Thanx again, and hopefully I will post pics when I get it.

P.S. Lol, yea it is a lil late for me to be asking about the car, since I'm getting it on Sat, lol. But I'm certain its gonna be a great buy. =^.^=</span>

Thanx!</span></span>

· Registered
4,894 Posts
You're lucky you don't have to wait weeks for your tC - a lot of us did.

· Registered
4,894 Posts
Nope - the dealerships just plain didn't have them in stock. That's why I was asking if you had contacted the dealership first. The tC's are so hot right now that they're almost never in-stock at the dealerships - they have to be ordered from Japan.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by krdshrk@Oct 4 2005, 07:49 PM
Nope - the dealerships just plain didn't have them in stock.  That's why I was asking if you had contacted the dealership first.  The tC's are so hot right now that they're almost never in-stock at the dealerships - they have to be ordered from Japan.
<span style="font-family:Arial">I have noticed that, cuz I go online to see the new aditions everyday, and they always seem to have less everytime. </span>

· Registered
5,132 Posts
Originally posted by vtecKiller@Oct 4 2005, 07:48 PM
wats wif soo many ppl trade in their mustang to get a tC??
I think the majority of trade-ins is one of these three:

Mustang
Camaro
Matrix

-Ed

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
<span style="font-family:Arial">Lol, yea I have noticed those trade ins, cuz when I told the dealership I had a mustang, he goes, "yea, I can prolly get some good money out of that." The I go into where they have other cars and 80% of the cars are mustangs. Wierd. I'm not trading in my car cuz its going bad, on the contrary its a great car, no problems at all, besides I dont over use it, it only has 76k and its a 98! I am sure that wont happen with the Tc, lol.</span>

· Registered
957 Posts
I had a 96 mustang that I traded in.. I loved the car, but it was getting old and it is a FORD (FIX OR REPAIR DAILY)..

I also was going to buy the 2005 Mustang, but for the money, the tC is a much much better car. I test drove the mustang, drives like a dream, but it is still a domestic cars, and they don't retain their value as much as the tC would.

If what they say is true about that the tC being discontinued, then the trade in value will definitely a lot better.

Im getting close to my 1000 mile.. and I'm loving the car more then when I first purchased the car 3 weeks ago.. a lot of miles for 3 weeks, but I just wanted to break the car in x)

Well, you're lucky that you don't have to wait for the tc, b/c I had to wait 2 weeks.

in the end, go with what feels the best... I went with the tC!! Good luck!

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by MustangJolly@Oct 5 2005, 05:25 PM
I had a 96 mustang that I traded in.. I loved the car, but it was getting old and it is a FORD (FIX OR REPAIR DAILY)..

I also was going to buy the 2005 Mustang, but for the money, the tC is a much much better car.  I test drove the mustang, drives like a dream, but it is still a domestic cars, and they don't retain their value as much as the tC would.

If what they say is true about that the tC being discontinued, then the trade in value will definitely a lot better. 

Im getting close to my 1000 mile.. and I'm loving the car more then when I first purchased the car 3 weeks ago.. a lot of miles for 3 weeks, but I just wanted to break the car in x)

Well, you're lucky that you don't have to wait for the tc, b/c I had to wait 2 weeks. 

in the end, go with what feels the best... I went with the tC!! Good luck!
<span style="font-family:Arial">I havn't droven either of the cars, so I'm just going by ear. Thank you for reassuring me though. I will take in mind that the 2005 Mustang drives like a dream. And after hearing how most of u had to wait so long to get it, I'm starting to think I will too for some reason, lol. Well thankz for the comment. This has really helped me.

Bye!</span>

· Registered
4,894 Posts
The only way you'll know whether or not you have to wait is to go to the dealer and ask...

· Registered
202 Posts
Just a bit of advice from this old lady who has bought many cars. Don't ever buy a car without driving it. It may not handle and pick up well or ride smoothly, or it may just have a ride you don't like.

How do you know the Mustang has a dreamy ride, if you have never driven one? Reading about it is a far cry from experiencing it.

All that said, I don't think you will go wrong with the tC. I LOVE mine! But get on down to the dealer and DRIVE one. That is what sold me on mine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.