Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a spreadsheet with transmission information on it. It is Excel-based, includes variables for tire size (all three numbers), gearbox ratio, final drive ratio, initial scale, and scale increment. It builds a table showing both mph vs. rpm and rpm vs. mph. It also automatically builds charts.

I originally made it for the Getrag V-160 6-speed, A340E automatic, and W-58 Supra transmissions, but I have adapted it to work for the E350 and U241E transmissions in the tC.

If the site is interested in hosting this, contact me at jza80-alfvza(at)sbcglobal(dot)net, I can save it as html for easy web viewing.

BTW, there is no way you could get the Getrag 233 into a tC even if you converted it to rear drive. There just isn't enough room

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
sure there is. slide the motor all the way forward, remount two seperated side radiators, cut the firewall... wait. nevermind.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And you thought 61/39 was nose heavy???? Even the Supra is nose heavy, and it's not all the 2JZ's fault.

Seriously though, is the Celica's gearbox/transaxle/engine a candidate for a transplant? I've never been under one of them...

How about a 3S-GTE from a MR2????

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
I was actually trying to look up some information on converting FWD to RWD for the tC, the only problem I ever came up with is finding a engine that I could mount, and a transmission that could fit... Also there would be the problem of relocating the gas tank
. Lo bux, if you get any info on swaps with the tC or upgrading the transmission let us know!

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
We should find someone willing to donate a Supra transmission, gearbox, and 2JZ-GTE to try for a swap into the tC

While we are at wishful thinking, Bill Gates should fund it too

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.