Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Premium Member
16,847 Posts
Originally posted by Dmitry82@Oct 11 2005, 11:48 PM
What gas octane do you use in your car??
87, the only kind the manual says to use and what searching for on this site tells me to as well.

· Former '05er
12,590 Posts
Read Here. Try a search next time before starting a duplicate thread.

· Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The point of my Q is that on a full tank of 87 I ran 287 miles(city) on a full tank of 93 I ran 347 miles (city)!!!!! So basicly I got my money back + I don't have to cleane my fuel sistem!!

· Registered
51 Posts
which one is the middle? thats the one i put, a tank lasts me about a week and a half, even with my crazy ass driving

· Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't know?? Maybe running higher octane fuel on a TC might not do anything for the performance??? But I know for sure that my 2000 Maxima SE rans like a piece of ***** on 87 oktane!!!! My best 1/4 time on the track was 14.7 on octane 93!!!

· Registered
108 Posts
QUOTE (Zygote55 @ Oct 12 2005, 07:03 PM)
Explain how higher octane cleans your fuel system better than lower octane.

http://www.shell.com/home/Framework?siteId...ut_ga_1602.html !!!

Hight octane fuel is clener than low octane fuel by it self!! naughty.gif[/b]
Interesting results. But, I think that web page is saying that all grades of Shell gasoline are cleaner than discount brands. See this page Get The Facts On Fuel from the same site that says use the octane level recommended by the car manufacturer.

· Registered
4,643 Posts
I'm getting ready for the SC install - filled up with premium last week, right now I'm at 1/4 tank (SC is still not here), and it looks like I won't be anywere near my average 25-27mpg, more like 21mpg this time.

· Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As far as I know If fuel is cleaner---->octain is higher! (Fuel for flights)
From Diesel-->87--->91--->93--->to Racing Fuel
So from my understandig then cliner fuel then less trash in your fuel sistem and engine!! Maybe I'm not right!??!

· Registered
176 Posts
Originally posted by Dmitry82+Oct 12 2005, 07:30 PM-->QUOTE (Dmitry82 @ Oct 12 2005, 07:30 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Zygote55
@Oct 12 2005, 07:03 PM

Hight octane fuel is clener than low octane fuel by it self!!
[/b]
I think that article is referring to a brand of gas, not octane.

And since when was octane the deciding factor in how "clean" the fuel system is? Octane, I thought, was really all about the resistance of the fuel to preignition, or whatever. It's the detergents that clean the fuel system

· Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by SilverRSXJezus+Oct 12 2005, 09:17 PM-->QUOTE (SilverRSXJezus @ Oct 12 2005, 09:17 PM)
Originally posted by [email protected] 12 2005, 07:30 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Zygote55
@Oct 12 2005, 07:03 PM

Hight octane fuel is clener than low octane fuel by it self!!
I think that article is referring to a brand of gas, not octane.

And since when was octane the deciding factor in how "clean" the fuel system is? Octane, I thought, was really all about the resistance of the fuel to preignition, or whatever. It's the detergents that clean the fuel system [/b]
Ok! It wasn't a good link! But the high octain fuel is cleaner anyway!?!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.