Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i first got my tC, i'd get close to 400 miles (like 375-380) on a full tank. lately, it's been more like 300 miles per tank. anyone elso notices this? there is nothing wrong with my tC that i'm aware of..

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
When did you last check your tire pressure?

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Also, aren't there winter additives in gas as well right now since it's, well.... winter?

That may reduce the mileage.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
We generally are

Yeah, I noticed my mileage dropped too, but I'm partly blaming it on my exhaust and how I like to accelerate hard

·
Registered
88 Posts
Originally posted by TCby@Jan 20 2006, 01:15 PM
when i first got my tC, i'd get close to 400 miles (like 375-380) on a full tank. lately, it's been more like 300 miles per tank. anyone elso notices this? there is nothing wrong with my tC that i'm aware of..
i would love to get 300 miles on a tank

my gas light goes on at about 220

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I get close to 300.

You know when your gas light goes off, you still have a considerable margin, right? It goes off when there's about 2.5 gallons left.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
2.5 gallons, my butt. There is something funky about the tC in that respect -- I have almost run out of gas four or five times since I got my tC. This never happened with any of the cars I drove before.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
That's weird, marty... you have an '05, though. Both myself and Donna have driven to the warning light and filled up right away, and we both put in about 12 gallons of gas.

tCfiend - yes. Not the rear window defroster, mind you... but the front defrosters basically run off the a/c compressor, which will lower your mileage. That's why I hate how my windows tend to fog cuz i'm wasting gas with the defroster! When you're in defroster mode, it uses the a/c to remove moisture from the air it blows onto the windshield, which unfogs them faster.

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
After the light went off, I pushed like 45miles more before I went to fill it up. I didn't fill it up all the way for me to tell how much I had left in the tank, but I drove the 45miles averaging 85-90mph (probably would've made me less nervous if i had driven slower, but ehh)

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by josurr@Jan 20 2006, 04:59 PM
Try driving w/o guages at all... im still waiting for kenny @ coolcustoms to finish mine and send them back...
Been there, done that.

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
mm i've driven with the gauges going crazy cuz the compy was buzzed

it was constantly going back and forth from needle stopper to the other end... i guess you can't expect too much from domestics

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.