Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up for those thinking of ordering or buying a tC with the TRD exhaust. The exhaust is not a full cat back system. It is only an axle back system. This may not be important to you but it would be to me. $525 for an axel back system isnt a very good deal IMHO.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
yeah - aint that something. who needs an axle back exhaust if you are really going for performance mods. even considering that labor costs are included in that 525, its still a bit much for what you are getting, unless you are going for a more toned down approach, and some are, i suppose.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by Eric@Jul 8 2004, 11:16 AM
I am a little worried about that... but then again, I paid around a grand for the custom cat-back on my Celica, so the price is better... how much is performance affected?
the TRD rumor is 7-10hp, with an ish factor. if those bastards knew what was good for them they would have dyno sheets available to view. cat back? i am trying to confirm a borla cat-back rumor - if anyone knows more, post it please. i will do the same as soon as i find out more.

·
Registered
131 Posts
All TRD exhaust are axcle back. I had one on my Matrix XRS and noticed a tremendous difference.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i am not doubting you at all SWFLATC but that a little to pricey for me. I may be wrong on this but it does look as if the pipe is about 2 1/2 inch piping already. It may just be heavy gauge but it looks pretty solid. So maybe an axle back is all you we would need.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will just changing the exhaust void the entire car warrenty or just the emission warrenty? And if the TRD doesnt void any warrenties, does it have to be put on by Toyota?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Magnusson Moss Warranty Act of 1980 (check it out) I have won many wars with dealers trying to void my warranty for installing aftermarket parts. Example: I install a injen intake and after installation the A/C goes out. So you take your vehicle to the dealer and the service person say, "sorry we cannot cover the A/C because of the aftermarket intake." BS, they cannot void and or not cover the problem UNLESS THEY CAN PROVE BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT THAT THE INTAKE CAUSED THE PROBLEM.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
^^^^ absolutely true.

my customers had questions about bagging xB's, and i gave them the same line. as long as the aftermarket install is not the cause of the problem, your warranty stands.
as far as installing TRD parts yourself, they are under a one year warranty. if we install it for you, you get the 3 year on it like in the factory warranty.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That is great to know. I dont care about the warrenty on anything that i plan on replacing. If i didnt know how to do the work myself than i might be worried but i can so i wont. Thanks for input. W00T!! TRD Suspension here i come.

·
Registered
128 Posts
well I know for a fact that HKS would not do anything less than a cat-back bolt-on app for any car. As for developments, the rumor is they will have stuff out for it by the end of the year. And that is a loose rumor.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Fact: The TRD exhaust is made by Borla (just incase you didn't know).

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by SWFLATC@Jul 8 2004, 10:00 PM
Fact: The TRD exhaust is made by Borla (just incase you didn't know).
I was wondering about that. Because when you build one it gives a borla exhaust as the option not TRD. At leas it did when i first built mine about a month ago.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
181 Posts
mmmm... the trd exhaust sounds yummy

okay i'm about to head for bed and dream about my tC.. (also pray that i get that
call sometime during the day!!!)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts