Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Besides the TRD supercharger, I havn't heard much of anything about the tC. I am not really following the xA or xB because they don't really do anything for me. (The xB is a sexy box though)

I heard they might do a turbo in the tC but that was EXTREMELY hear-say. I don't know why they would offer a supercharged AND turbo version of the same car.

Turbo mag has been doing a project tC Turbo though, and I'm interested in seeing what kind of numbers it can put down.

//gwailo-

·
Registered
131 Posts
A turbo may produce more HP in the long rung but it wouldn't be good for stop and go driving, it would definitly cost more, and to much piping. The supercharger produces horsepower more quickly than a turbo.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Originally posted by gwailo@Jun 28 2004, 09:32 PM
yes...turbo lag is a bitch!
---\/
i only know a limited amount about turbos... if it was a twin turbo would they kick in at different times (one sooner than the other) so you wouldnt notice the lag?

probably not but i thought id throw that out their.

Nathan
ycart1201

·
Registered
46 Posts
usually a twin turbo is setup sequentially (one kicking in later) usually.

it does not eliminate lag though, because the first turbo still takes time to spool.

//gwailo-

·
Registered
502 Posts
Thanks for the info, SWFLATC. When I talked to the Scion salesperson, he said that there was already a waiting list for all the tCs but one; and by judging by all the good reviews and good talk about the tCs, I think this car will sell very well. If it does sell very well then would they actually discontinue the tCs after a few years? Or will they create a new, better model which will replace the tC?

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
the turbo from trd (or an outside contractor) is still questionable, though i do have a turbo boost gauge pre-listed as an eventually available accessory for the tC. now why would you need a turbo boost gauge if there wasnt a turbo coming enventually to match it with? as for turbo lag, the new 'chargers are more efficient, but the problem certainly does exist. a supercharger is still my personal preference for japanese 4 bangers. besides, if you dont drag your ride, top speed isnt necessary very often. i want to get to up to speed coming out of tight corners, so i can get to the next tight corner faster. i want my power immediately. but everyone has their own style. there are positives and negatives to both systems. my $.02

·
Registered
502 Posts
Thanks man. I'm planning on getting a supercharger only for perfromance, not for racing or anything like that.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Performance = racing

I am getting the suspension kit from toyopartz.net . TC TRD performance parts

First thing that is getting done is 5% tint on all windows except for the winshield. That is getting 50% put on it. Then that suspension kit from conicelli parts center and last but not least 3M front film protection. That is all getting done before it is even driven off of the lot.

·
Registered
128 Posts
hey people, glad to see that there's already a forum going on for the Tc. I am going to get mine sometime in the next month or two. I am closely associated with HKS and from what I heard... They are working on stuff for it. Most likely an exhaust, turbo application, and electronic harnesses.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by Andfx8@Jul 3 2004, 02:55 PM
Is suspension used to make your car handle better or what?
yes. the trd springs lower the vehicle at all four corners about 1.2 inches initially, with a bit of room to settle after a few thousand miles. the shock replacements are designed to work with the lowering springs as a kit to both lower the overall stance of the car, and to improve ride, handling, cornering. lower center of gravity, together with a stiffer spring = flat around that corner.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Would getting a new suspension be good for the everyday driver, or just someone who's planning on racing the car?

·
Registered
999 Posts
Well if your racing a car, your only going straight...

Suspensions are used on turns, so it doesn't matter. It's good for both.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Ahh, good point. I guess it all depends if the owner has the money and would want to invest into his/her car.

·
Registered
48 Posts
ok, first off, hi all...

now i really don't have the intention of coming off rude, but SilverX.....
that's not right at all..
suspention is VARY importent when racing.. be it in a strate line (Drag, red light) or anything els (auto-X, rally, highway cat&mouse).

one of the main reasonse Y many tuners will turn to the Scion Tc is because it has the same type of suspention as the celica, @ a fraction of the cost.... and yet it can still benifit from modifications. the only thing that will turn off some tuners from the Tc is the fact that all of that glass up top makes it very top heavy, and raises the center of gravety. so lowering it will help alot. plz
i don't think that "i know it all" but i do do ALOT of reading..... hope my rant was not Tooo agresive for the first one that i post on this new board....

and plz excuse my (SP) it's 4:00am here..... bout to hit the sack....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts