Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if the fuses under the dash are standard mini fuses or if they are some other mini fuse. I bought some standard mini fuses and they don't seem to fit. they look a little different and i don't want to force them in. the dealer told me the tC uses the standard ones.

·
Registered
266 Posts
No they are not the standard Buss blade Minifuses. They will functionally work in a pinch, but may not allow the cover to be placed over the under dash fuse panel. The blade contacts on the tC fuse does not extend below the plastic fuse body like the past popular minifuse. The local auto parts stores around me do not have the new type fuse. I am sure this is a new standard fuse that will be available around soon. I will see if I can get the new type name of this fuse and post it here....when I find it. If you are like me, you like to keep some spares... the supplied spares are not enough to make me happy on a deserted night far from home....not when they are a odd type.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yeah, they are some weird-ass fuses. I had to buy some new ones for a stereo mishap (don't ask). I had to buy the standard blade type. They worked, but they do stick out pretty far.

I'd say try the dealer for the proper type.

late

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies. Blew out my cig lighter fuse. just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one having trouble finding replacement fuses.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts