Scion tC Forums banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Originally posted by mr_lore@Apr 17 2005, 11:57 PM
I'm a newb when it comes to wheels 'n tires, I am 99% sure a 18x8 35 offset rim will work I just want to know what kind of look is that gonna accomplish on the Tc. Will it be flush, etc?

the rims in question:

Plannin on wrappin it in pirelli P-Zero Nero M+S 225/40/18 unless someones got some wisdom to suggest otherwise.

Thanks
I'm putting 19x7.5 with a 35mm offset and they fit perfectly. If they were any wider or the offset any less they would probably rub or stick out, so I don't know if the 18x8 will fit.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@May 5 2005, 09:34 AM
Axis says they only sell the 18 x 8.5 with a 35mm offset for the tC. Apparently, it fits. Hard to believe, but that's what they say.
It probably would fit a stock tC, but it will rub with any kind of a drop.

·
Registered
619 Posts
i have the trd springs. i also have access to a shop with a fender roller

·
Registered
619 Posts
well, through all this stress over these wheels i have settled for a set of Rota Subzeros. 18x7.5 with a +45 offset. wrapped in a 225/40. what do you guys think? about the size and offset that is?

·
Registered
619 Posts
cool deal!!! thanks again gang. one more reason why i love this forum.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by Zygote55@May 5 2005, 04:28 PM
It probably would fit a stock tC, but it will rub with any kind of a drop.
Drop only makes a difference with tire size, not rim size. If the tire and rim combination is anywhere near stock diameter it won't make any difference how much you drop the car. If it is significantly bigger (more than the usual 2%), then you may have problems.

Look at is this way, drop doesn't change height at full suspension compression. If it rubs dropped, it will rub at stock height, it will just need a bigger bump to do it. If it ever rubs, it is BAD. A tire can shred in seconds depending on what it contacts. When it comes to tire clearance on a street vehicle, it is ALWAYS better to err on the side of more room than less. Other things that can affect tire rub include bushing deflection under load, so being really close is NEVER good.

·
Registered
619 Posts
ok. here i go again resurrecting an old thread. and whats worse is i still haven't gotten new rims since i posted in this thread the first time. Once again i am looking at a 17x7.5 rota subzero. The only available offsets are +48 and +48. Now seeing that stock is +45 will i have any more tire toward the outside of the car with either of these? if not i will have to finally lay to rest my dream of getting these wheels.

Wow. its almost been a year since this post was touched last.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
You could run it with a 10mm spacer and it would be good, but as narrow as they are, they could use about 10mm less offset. Without the spacer, the wheels will only be about 3 millimeters closer to the fender than stock.

·
Registered
619 Posts
will a spacer cause any abnormal wear on the wheel bearings?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Not in this case.

·
Registered
619 Posts
sweet. now the million dollar question, where to get them and what types of specs do they need to have? like the hub size and the center opening size of the wheel, and do i need to match them to the aftermarket wheel that i want to purchase? thanks for the help lo bux.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
^^^ Bump... I would like to know the answer to this as well.

I am looking to get a set of 17x7 +48 Offset ADR Battle EXE.. or 17x7 +48 Offset ADR Sokudo Phantom's and I want to get spacers but not sure of any of the specs I would need. I would like to get them as flush with the fender as possible. ANY HELP?

Battle EXE

Sokudo Phantoms

·
Registered
128 Posts
Look into H&R hubcentric wheel spacers. They are the only spacers that I would trust.

·
Registered
160 Posts
sry to resurrect.. but I have a question also

The wheel i'm looking at is
Wheel Size: 18x8
Offset: 35

The tire is
225/40/18

I'm going to run into problems aren't I?

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by recliner15@Aug 8 2006, 04:04 AM

Wheel Size: 18x8
Offset: 35

The tire is
225/40/18

I'd put money on it that you will.

-Ed

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Apr 18 2005, 04:25 PM
Yeah, outside lip.  You'll never rub the inside, I'd bet you could stick a 9 inch wide rim in that wheel well with no issues if the offset is right.
running 9.5" +45 baby :) no problems with the inside lip (only in the back). But the outside does rub. Need to get myself a slightly smaller tire to fix it (245/35)

·
Registered
380 Posts
Originally posted by EddNog+Aug 8 2006, 05:03 AM-->QUOTE (EddNog @ Aug 8 2006, 05:03 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-recliner15
@Aug 8 2006, 04:04 AM

Wheel Size:  18x8
Offset:  35

The tire is
225/40/18

I'd put money on it that you will.

-Ed [/b]
Ahhh, Ed and your killjoy. lol. Some people have issues while others dont. I want to run 18x8 with 38 ET, but Ed busted my bubble too. I'll get a definite answer sooner or later though.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.