Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
I have 17x8 +35mm with 235/40/17's and no rubbing;)

My tires are wider than 225's and the diameter of the wheels should not matter, you should be fine:)

Lobux and I agree on most things but not always:)

Rick

·
Registered
742 Posts
Hmm, from the looks of things there is more than enough room but I have not dropped my car yet, dropped plenty in my time so thought it looked fine.
Rolling fenders is not to difficult so will if I have to

Rick

·
Registered
742 Posts
I did alot of checking on wheels and offsets, I think you could squeeze an 8.5" wheel with a 42 or 43 offset but only with 235 tires, not 245's.

For 9" wide 48 would be about maxed out with 235's's but that would be really cutting it close, in fact probably to close, more like a 52 or so I would imagine would be best and then you could do a 245 tire, at least I think so as have not done it.

I have 235/40/17's on 8" 35mm and it is about perfect. But, some 235's are wider than others.

Rick

·
Registered
742 Posts
Bolt pattern and offset are not dependent on each other, just what the manf seems to think they can market to.

8.5 will be fine with a 48 offset and 245 like Lobucs has, if you cannot find the actual numbers for the wheels then let us know, you can measure it!

rick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.