Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
i have a question that fits here. i am looking at a set of 18x8.5. at the moment i am not sure of the of set. the tires are 225's. i dont know how to word this, how small or large of an off set can i go? like where is my limit before 1 of 2 things happen. either it looks stupid or i rub beyond the point that rolling my fenders wont even work? thanks for the help.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Thanks for the help guys. I will hopefull get to test fit the wheels tomorrow. What i dont get is this guy saying that he test fit them on another tc and the front was great but the rear stuck out bad. so i guess i need to see for myself.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Sorry mr_lore im not trying to hijack your thread. just seems like a logical place for these questions. the wheels i am trying to get a hold of are Axis Hiros 18x8.5. seeing that i haven’t had a chance to talk to the guy i am getting the wheels from and put them on my car, i have been researching the possible offsets of the wheels i am looking at. I found a reference so far that is stating a +45mm offset. But this was for a set on a Lexus. no seeing that the bolt pattern is different not sure if the available offsets are dictated by the lug pattern.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Thanks guys. I just got my reply email from axis and you are correct. They say it’s a +35mm offset. So with what you were saying lo bux is that would put the edge of the wheel 13mm closer to the fender lip than stock. So, if a wheel had the same offset, but was wider, which way does the extra width go? does it go to the out sid of the wheel well, the inside, or is it evenly distributed through both sides? Lets see if i have this math right.

i will be adding 13mm over stock offset toward the finder lip. Thats about .6 inches. the rim is 1.5 inches wider that factory so i would be adding half of that, .75inches towards the outside. which is 19.05 mm. Sooooo thats a total of 32.5mm's to the outside of my finder. that would be equal to 1.28inches. I can now see how that could be a problem.

·
Registered
619 Posts
cool. so i went out to my car and measured what that would be, there is no way. the rim would protrude from a half inch to an inch past my finder. looks like i will stick with Subzeros in a 18x7.5. Thanks for you help lo bux.

·
Registered
619 Posts
i have the trd springs. i also have access to a shop with a fender roller

·
Registered
619 Posts
well, through all this stress over these wheels i have settled for a set of Rota Subzeros. 18x7.5 with a +45 offset. wrapped in a 225/40. what do you guys think? about the size and offset that is?

·
Registered
619 Posts
cool deal!!! thanks again gang. one more reason why i love this forum.

·
Registered
619 Posts
ok. here i go again resurrecting an old thread. and whats worse is i still haven't gotten new rims since i posted in this thread the first time. Once again i am looking at a 17x7.5 rota subzero. The only available offsets are +48 and +48. Now seeing that stock is +45 will i have any more tire toward the outside of the car with either of these? if not i will have to finally lay to rest my dream of getting these wheels.

Wow. its almost been a year since this post was touched last.

·
Registered
619 Posts
will a spacer cause any abnormal wear on the wheel bearings?

·
Registered
619 Posts
sweet. now the million dollar question, where to get them and what types of specs do they need to have? like the hub size and the center opening size of the wheel, and do i need to match them to the aftermarket wheel that i want to purchase? thanks for the help lo bux.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.