Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
it'll add weight.... and it wont fit in the well properly.... would i do it? no.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, I wasen't looking for someone to say "Great Idea" I was simply wondering if anyone else may have Tried this. I take frequent long road trips. If I were to have a flat in Nowhere NC late Sunday night, I would feel better with a real wheel under me. I'm old enough to remember when you got a real wheel with your new car!
Besides the little yellow wheel is ugly!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
it fits in the well, but when you put the cardboard thing on top, you have it floating around, and making noise while you drive.... during long road trips, im sure i'd feel better having it, but me.. i stay in town all the time, so i dont realy have a need for it

i guess it comes down to the person, and the conditions of their driving... for me.. it'd be a waste of money

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hamster, thanks for your comments. I think I could modify the cardboard thing without too much trouble. But hey, it's just an idea, I may go with it or not. That's the reason for this post, to see what others thought.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
with the right motivation, one can make anything fit just about anywhere. me? i am a dedicated AAA member, and they get to worry about hooking me up if i need it. i totally understand your point, eddie - but one idea behind a temporary is to motivate people to replace it immediately so they dont get caught with the spare on and a flat in the trunk.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks...........but as motivated as I'am about having a real wheel & tire, I don't think I'd be prone to leave a flat in the trunk. But then again...my memory's not what it used to be!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
wouldn't you have to worry about putting the full sized tire on the wrong side? i know when you rotate tires, your arn't supposed to put passanger side tires on the drivers side.... if you carry a full.. itsn't it good for just one side?

·
Registered
542 Posts
if the tread is assymetrical(sp?) it can go either way. how expensive would run flats be? (just wondering)

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
pirelli run flats can go for about 1200 bucks a set.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.