Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, new person posting, so everyone hold on and enjoy the ride!
I have already searched the forums up and down and it seems that no one has too much information as far as the Scion TCs injector size/output, nor the fuel pump output. I am interested as to the fuel system for the quite simple reason (now this is a drastic understatement obviously) of currently working with a private individual on designing a bolt on supercharging system for the TC. We have both seen the system that TRD has developed (in photographs and otherwise) with the transfershaft straddling the manifold. Besides looking a little less then the most stable system (although it is nice it is warrantied), we both were a little less then impressed with the supposed HP/$$$ ratio.
Now before everyone starts screaming that I am new and don't know what I am talking about, let me give you an idea of some of the past experience my partner and I bring. Currently, the gentleman I work with has just finished designing and fabricating a bolt on supercharger system for the V6 engine that resides in the Ford Probe/Mazda 626 (V6, both the KLZE & KLDE). If any of you know what a task/accomplishment this is (minorly put, that engine is a wasps nest of problems, the kind of consideration that had to be put into every factor from fuel to the compression ratios of the engine, to the fact that THERE IS NO SPACE IN A PROBE ENGINE BAY
), then you will realize the kind of engineering and R&D that is put into products that are designed.
My partner is also designing products for the Supra and a couple of other subconpact vehicles as he hopes to make a business as well as a name for himself. Due to the fact that I am in the process of purchasing a 2005 TC, I was more then happy to suggest he start designing a FI setup for what will soon by my new car.
So after writing a small novel, I am hoping for any productive information anyone could provide about the fuel system of the Scion TC. This would be greatly appreciated, plus, hopefully will result in some very nice outcomes. For any indication once we get all the info collected on a vehicle (ie, Fuel setup, intake, some research as to how much is the potential PSI we could run without the trans/block blowing), it takes about 2 months from R&D to full production, with the average cost per kit coming in at around $1700-$2000 (thats for the complete blower/transfer shaft/all connectors and everything but the fuel mods, which usually run about $300-500 for the pump, FPR, and FMU) and a dyno WHP increase of approximately 100-120HP. Again, thank you all very much, and I look forward to seeing how well informed and nice the TC community is.

Brandon

· Registered
2,144 Posts
Somewhere in these tech folders of the forum there is a PDF version of the repair manual for the tC...the information you're looking for might be in there. The post with the repair manual is a sticky, so it'll be the first or second thread in the folder.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tech manuals, they contained some of the information that my associate needed. Now, the main information that is still outstanding:

CCs of the Injector
LPH/GPH output of the fuel pump
What is the size of the fuel line

Once we can find that info, he can start really cranking on the mathematical end on figuring out an efficient/safe bolt on supercharger setup.

Sooo, this is pretty much a call out: Anyone who reads this, if you don't have the information, perhaps you are in contact with someone who might. If you guys could get the word out, it would be greatly appreciated and could obviously aid greatly in the design of the product.

Thanks !
Brandon

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the information, its nice to see such a friendly auto community developing.
For reference, typically, the supercharger setups are designed to be non-intercooled setups with the option to intercool coming on later. The gains are amazing and quite impressive, definatly. So far, all the testing on my associates latest setup (the Probe GT/V6) has gone excellently and according to his engineered specs if not performing better. Pretty much the way the game will work for this is that once I acquire my TC (within the next month hopefully when the dealership calls) we can begin doing some serious engineering and design specs will be drawn up. The typical design of one of the kits is a transfer shaft setup, usually running to an Eaton blower (for example, in the case of the Probe, it was decided that an M45 would be the best blower for the job). In addition, short of the fuel system modifications (which most people expect to do anytime forced induction is involved), these kits are COMPLETELY bolt on. I mean, the past kit was designed to the point that someone with only average to minimal technical skill was able to bolt the mounting brakets/transfer shaft/blower in, and have everything hooked up (belts, intake setup, vacuum lines, etc.) in 3 hours (how's that for low downtime
). As far as the competition (TRD) goes, I have seen preliminary and prototype photos/press photos of their system (which also happens to be a transfershaft setup), of which, I will say was less then enthused (the transfershaft looks like it is literally just sitting on the manifold heat shield, btw, if anyone hasn't seen the photos of the TRD setup, PM me and I'll hunt them down again for you). I hope to hear more from all of you soon!

Brandon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.