Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was about on empty the other day so i went and filled up the tank completely....When I turned the car on, the needle was in the same spot (close to empty). I bet it took 15 minutes for it to slowly climb up to full. Anybody else have this happen, or possibly know if it can be reset?? let me know....thanks.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
You made it angry. Neither of mine have ever done that.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
it's broke

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by johnf456@Jun 21 2005, 05:32 PM
thats what happens when you give it 87 you need to feed it 91 or 93
You are completely wrong. You should never put in more than 87. That is all Toyota recommends and at minimum you are wasting alot of your money.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Originally posted by Plissken+Jun 21 2005, 02:58 PM-->QUOTE (Plissken @ Jun 21 2005, 02:58 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-johnf456
@Jun 21 2005, 05:32 PM
thats what happens when you give it 87 you need to feed it 91 or 93
You are completely wrong. You should never put in more than 87. That is all Toyota recommends and at minimum you are wasting alot of your money. [/b]
agreed. putting a higer grade of gas in your car is going to make no difference.

You definately have something wrong with gas gauge because mine never did that once. Back to the dealer it should go for warranty work.

·
Registered
26 Posts
well when you start your car aren't you supposed to see the guages calibrate themselves? I know when I turn on my ar the guages always calibrate themselves and when I am done putting in gas, the needle jumps highg then low and back to high.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Originally posted by littled238@Jun 23 2005, 05:36 AM
well when you start your car aren't you supposed to see the guages calibrate themselves? I know when I turn on my ar the guages always calibrate themselves and when I am done putting in gas, the needle jumps highg then low and back to high.
WOW That doesnt sound normal. Mine usually does the bouncy thing..then jumps right to full or wherever it should be. DEALER TIME.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.