Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so my car barely has 750 miles on it and well the break in period wasan't exactly "nice". However, ive been hearing alot of people getting aout 25 miles to the gallon but im barely making 200 to a tank. Mind you, im literally granny shifting. Once in a while ill hit 5000 rpms or so but i never go past. Anyways, I was just wondering if you guys have any advice or know what the hells goin on. Alright thanks.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Well according to my experience, gas mileage seems to get better after the first 1000 miles or so. I'm not sure if it's psychological, if it's because I was flooring it the first 1000 miles, or if it actually does get better, but that's been my impression. I would wait on it a little while, then pay a visit to your friendly neighborhood dealer if it doesn't get any better.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Originally posted by Zygote55@Nov 16 2005, 01:18 PM
The best tank I've ever had was actually right around the 1000mile mark. I got 32MPG on a trip up to Chico with the A/C on the whole way. I typically get about 29MPG with 75% freeway driving.
VERY NICE!! Usually I'm getting 300 miles on a tank!! 50% city- 50%highway

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Well there you go right there. Fuel economy is highly affected by the location you drive in, and how you drive.... If you're quick on the gas and have a heavy foot, it will be less than if you baby it.

Edit: It's also affected by weight and everything too. If you have a lot of heavy stuff in the car it'll get less mileage.

I drive an Auto and I get about 280-300 miles per tank with combined city/highway driving... I fill up at around 1/8 tank.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
are these full tanks that your barley getting 200 miles out of? because if that is the case you are getting about 14mpg... which is hummer-esk mileage. i do about 60% city driving and the worse i ever got was 21mpg on a hot summer week with the AC blasting and me being late to several appointments so i was heavy on the gas.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I usually get around 400miles per tank. The worst I've had though was on a drive to Orlando with the A/C on which I only did because it was 90+ outside, and was pouring...I usually keep the A/C off and windows down, but it was to hot and wet that day! Don't know the milage of that trip but my gas just got sucked away!

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I drive about 100% in the city and I still get 20-22 MPG. If you hit the highway for a couple hours, you will see a major spike in fuel economy.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just filled it up at the second little bar and i reset my tacho. So ill be keepin you guys posted. Problems mainly are, i don't speed but i accerlate fast which pisses gas, I shift out of fist at about 3000 rpm normally ( depending on the situation ), then i shift into third just above 20, 25 and then into fourth at about 40. I don't have much in the car, so its def. not a weight inssue. Idk, we'll see how this tank goes. Im gona try an ease on the gas and accelerate slower. Especially for the first ten minutes or so, so my engine can warm up.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Originally posted by gotTC?@Nov 16 2005, 04:34 PM
doesn't driving with the windows down hurt about as much as driving with the air on?
There's a point to where ac is more efficient but it's above like 55 or 60mph.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Originally posted by Dmitry82+Nov 16 2005, 01:24 PM-->QUOTE (Dmitry82 @ Nov 16 2005, 01:24 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Zygote55
@Nov 16 2005, 01:18 PM
The best tank I've ever had was actually right around the 1000mile mark.  I got 32MPG on a trip up to Chico with the A/C on the whole way.  I typically get about 29MPG with 75% freeway driving.
VERY NICE!! Usually I'm getting 300 miles on a tank!! 50% city- 50%highway [/b]
How many gallons do you actually put into the car? My light comes on at about 330 miles, but I'm no where near running out of gas.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by Zygote55@Nov 16 2005, 08:57 PM
How many gallons do you actually put into the car? My light comes on at about 330 miles, but I'm no where near running out of gas.
I would have to push the car for about 20 miles to hit 300 miles on one tank, usually..

1 - 20 of 137 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.