Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a TRD exhaust and installed it last weekend. After driving it around for a few minutes (21 miles) I've decided it's not the sound I was looking for. It's in mint condition, no scratches or dents of any kind, not even any exhaust soot.
If you want to see photos of it after I removed it check HERE. I'm selling for $325 (firm), first come, first serve.
IMPORTANT: This is a deal for someone who wants to come and pick it up in Carson, California (near Long Beach), BUT if you don't live or travel to this area the UPS shipping charges to mail this item is way out of line $85-$100. In that case you're better off getting from the online retailers. The box is BIG, 44" x 38" x 9.5" @ 40lbs. It will fit in a tC with the rear seats folded.

Interested parties can send me a message on this site or email me [[email protected]]

Dan

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Fedex is usually 40% cheaper on huge items like that. I was sending a midpipe (7 feet x12"x12") from GA to OR. UPS wanted $100+, and Fedex took care of it for $30...

Edit: Just checked with Fedex. From Carson to Atlanta insured for $400 it is $82. Sorry, overestimated Fedex on this one.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
just curious, what didn't you like (aside from the sound) about the exhaust?

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Both UPS and FedEx charge based on how far the package is going -- so shipping it to, say, Texas, wouldn't cost nearly as much as shipping it all the way across the country.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by whosthatrussian@Sep 20 2004, 11:32 AM
just curious, what didn't you like (aside from the sound) about the exhaust?
I wonder what would Blown reply, but IMHO - there is nothing to TRD muffler except for sound... So not much to like.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I was thinkin the same thing, I do like the way it sounds, but I'm not sure how useful it is, if it only adds a few hp. My understanding is that you don't even feel that few hp's, so wtf is the point of getting it? (aside for the "tuner inspired sound")

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by zoltiz+-->QUOTE (zoltiz)
I wonder what would Blown reply, but IMHO - there is nothing to TRD muffler except for sound... So not much to like.[/b]
<!--QuoteBegin-whosthatrussian

I was thinkin the same thing, I do like the way it sounds, but I'm not sure how useful it is, if it only adds a few hp. My understanding is that you don't even feel that few hp's, so wtf is the point of getting it? (aside for the "tuner inspired sound")

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by zoltiz
I wonder what would Blown reply, but IMHO - there is nothing to TRD muffler except for sound... So not much to like.
Agreed, the sound was the only reason I bought it. My car history is with V8's. I purchased the tC as a comfortable, gas sipping go-kart commuter (with Toyota reliability), never entending to turn it into, or try to treat it like, a muscle car. However, the stock muffler on the 2AZ-FE sounds a little more "sewing-machine-ish" than I care for, I wanted to hear the exhaust note, at least a little. The TRD exhaust has a great idle and cruise "purr", but I just don't care for the sound of a stock four cylinder trying to make power, I'm not even that impressed with the sound of a V6 (no offense to 4/6cyl enthusiasts, just my personal taste). As four cylinder exhaust goes, it sounds MUCH better (to me) than any of the ricer-types rolling around in my neighborhood. I'm leaving the stock muffler on.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
cool, thanks for the objective answer. Just what I wanted. :c)

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Uhh...this thread's over a year old. I'm not sure if the seller's still interested...

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
The 350Z/FX/G35c exhaust sound deep and throaty with their 3.5L V6...but I now this is OT. Lo Siento.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts