PRICE:
- $45 + FREE SHIPPING! | Lower 48 States
- Alaska & Hawaii Is Extra

PAYMENTS:
- Paypal Only

·
Registered
408 Posts
Ive been thinking about getting lights for under the dash... how hard would those 14 dollar kits be to install? im not to worried about mounting it, but where to tap into for power??? and what about a switch?

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
You can tap into the cig lighter for power & ground it to the bolt near the shifter with a toggle or rocker switch for the power at the power mirror panel.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Haha, ok!, i understand tapping into the cig lighter, how do you do that? connect the wires and tape them? and is the switch easily mounted in the panel?

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
Originally posted by onefunkyfreshdj@Dec 20 2004, 10:17 PM
You can tap into the cig lighter for power & ground it to the bolt near the shifter with a toggle or rocker switch for the power at the power mirror panel.
Beware of blowing fuses.

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4@Dec 21 2004, 10:21 AM
Beware of blowing fuses.
You can put an inline fuse at say 25w & i think it should be alright.

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Originally posted by Shep@Dec 21 2004, 01:53 AM
Haha, ok!, i understand tapping into the cig lighter, how do you do that? connect the wires and tape them? and is the switch easily mounted in the panel?
connect the two wires & solder them... the best connections are ones that are soldered. If you use a rocker switch.... you can just drill a hole large enough for the switch & mount it.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I wouldn't suggest using just tape to make connections. As with most adhesives in harsh environments, tape will just fall off eventually leaving exposed wires. Not good when there's metal or other wires around.

If you're not into soldering, use a standard crimped butt connector:

You can find them at radio shack or home depot along with crimpers for pretty cheap. I'm not big on soldering inside my car since solder drops can fall and the tips of those soldering irons burn through carpet/seats in a big hurry.

There are plenty of solder vs. crimping discussions out there so I won't go into the pros and cons of each. For this particular application, I'd just use a crimper.

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Originally posted by krzy@Dec 22 2004, 04:29 AM
If you're not into soldering, use a standard crimped butt connector:
Hey don't forget trying to catch a falling soldering iron... that's a good one!

Soldering is the best connection IMHO, but butt-end crimping is safer.

·
Registered
408 Posts
haha Ok you guys are helping me alot im sure i could mount the lights and conect the power, how many differetn wires are going to be comming from the light, one for power ide assume, with a grounding wire? and one for the remote?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Yes, it is a basic ciruit. Positive on one side, negative on the other. You generally install a switch in the positive lead. There should be wiring diagrams that come with the lights when you get them.

·
Registered
294 Posts
what's with all the people posting silly cheap things to sell but post a crazy insane price for them?

i mean this isn't ebay.. no crazy person who's click happy bidding just to see that they WON an auction...

bit of an insult i'd say.. who'd be stupid enough to pay that much for 12" tubes?! ... (T_T)

·
Registered
408 Posts
Hey guys, i ordered my cathodes and got them in, starting to wonder now though about the install. This is what the wireing diagram says.. click here?but then i wouldnt have a switch? that red wire goes right to the switch, and a yellow comes out, if i leave the switch on will that function??? then i would use the yellow as my positive wire?? thanks

·
Registered
408 Posts
I just hooked everything up, correctly i know, and the lights wont work. at all.
Any idea? i had the power cord to the cig lighter wire, and the neg was grounded to a bolt. the Cig lighter works when i connect it. but nothing from the lights at all......... GIRRR hour and a half down the drain.

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Is the car power on? Is the ground wire actually touching bare metal & not just the bolt. Did you install a on/off toggle switch? Is that done correctly? Are the power & ground wires connected correctly?

·
Registered
408 Posts
I figured it out! yea my grounding wasent sufficent i guess. The Blacklight looks REALLY COOL. when no one is sitting in the car it glows lightly, not overwelming, but when someones feet are down there they just Glow with the blacklight, love it! Thanks guys- especially for 7 bucks!

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Which set of LED's did you get & where did you get them?

·
Registered
408 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.