Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I have a little chip from a rock that flew at my windshield, and I just broke 1k miles today. It really hurt when it happened...

Btw, off-topic, and I remember seeing something about this, but anybody know if I should change my oil at the first thousand miles, or if I should wait till 3k miles like my salesperson told me to?

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
pushin 7600 here and not a crack at all. something really loud hit the windshield at 80mph this afternoon on I-24 on my way back to my office but it didn't even leave a mark that i could see.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
No windshield crack. Please, let's not start another myth about Scions like the paint one...

·
Registered
181 Posts
my windshield's been chipped.. but it's expected when a peeble flies up while
you're goin 80+ mph

unless there is something about Scion windshields....

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I have a scratch on my driver side window from a rock, but that's what going 80 in construction zone does to you...

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by Pharohz@Feb 10 2005, 05:53 PM
Btw, off-topic, and I remember seeing something about this, but anybody know if I should change my oil at the first thousand miles, or if I should wait till 3k miles like my salesperson told me to?
you are on 5K intervals. do the 1K, then next at 5K, then 10K, etc... the 1K change is because of that mark being the end of your factory break in period.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I got hit by a stone that bounced off a dumptruck, btw I hate dumptrucks. It only left a small chip. I called my insurance company and they offered to replace the windshield, but the chip was so small I had it buffed out instead. Stone chips are a fact of life if you travel on the beltway around metro DC.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.