Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok fellas, i tried seraching but there was not enuf info to help me. i know zoltiz has tried/succeded with this but had to do modifications. i wanted to know if these bulbs, here will swap in without serious issues. as u may or maynot know, im on a quest to rid all amber. i want them to glow amber for the sake of being legal but the stock bulbs make the headlight housing have an amber section. yall know.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
I'm using the ones from Bimmian (Solaris Invisi-bulbs, "diamond-coat") and love them. Click the link in my sig for my car's thread and you can see pics of the bulbs in action.

-Ed

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by EddNog@Jan 31 2006, 10:32 AM
I'm using the ones from Bimmian (Solaris Invisi-bulbs, "diamond-coat") and love them. Click the link in my sig for my car's thread and you can see pics of the bulbs in action.

-Ed
watchout talkin to me, ed. letting me know what u've done. im poised to completely steal every aspect of ur car and have a flint mica version of ur ish. j/k i think. i am thinking about getting the tyc's like u have tho but thats waaay down the road. if i even do it. keep playin with me and u just might see "bearnog".

·
Registered
211 Posts
I bought the ebay replacements that you are looking at....work fine and are cheap..kinda. Packed like crap but arrived safely in a bubble envelope. It could have been easily crushed in transit
Changed the look of the front end when minus that orange look
passenger side seemed harder to change from what I remember but it only took a few minutes to change.
No oil from your hands should touch the bulb if you can help it. And you have to really push hard to install them.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i got mine and put them in but they never really "clicked" into place. i just pushed them hard untill i felt they were in and maybe wouldnt slide out. i was afraid i'd crush them. did urs click into place einstein? i may go with those sylvania's later on if they have that blue appearance when they are off.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mine actually did come out as soon as i stuck it in the housing. 15 minutes of fishing with needle nose pliers and cussing followed closely behind.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
its a needed upgraded look for tCs. it takes that "eye crust" look out of the headlights.

i may switch to sum more evenly coated silver bulbs tho next time cuz my left bulb is a little less even near the base and i can see a squinch of amber when its off. only barely tho. the amber that they glow is much richer tho and better. not that stock yellow looking color.

·
Registered
225 Posts
also, i was at the dmv website for cali and it said

" Right front turn signal light clean, operating, and proper color (amber or white on signals facing forward)" and

"Left front turn signal light clean, operating, and proper color (amber or white on signals facing front)."

cuz i heard its illegal in some states if its glowing white.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.