Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I think there were a couple of posts about it. I still think it's a purely cosmetic thing, especially on a tC.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I do not think it makes a noticable difference. There will be others on this forum that will state otherwise. I have the strut bar and it looks great. For a noticable difference, I would just save the money and start a new tire fund with it. Add a bit everytime you get some extra bucks and in the meantime do your research on TireRack.com and when you get enough...get some really good tires. The stock tires on the tC are one of the cars weakest links...most of all if they are the Bridgestone RE92s. I would hazard to guess that if you had 2 identical tCs..one with and one without the strut bar...and drove them both, it would be a rare person that could tell the difference. It would be mostly a guess.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by Geneo@Mar 17 2005, 09:45 AM
I do not think it makes a noticable difference. There will be others on this forum that will state otherwise.
Yes, and I'll tell people that my stereo sounds great, to justify what I spent on it.
People will convince themselves that something they paid for is an actual improvement.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I paid for it - and I'm saying it's a piece of turd. But it's me - I'd rather be objective.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4@Mar 17 2005, 06:21 AM
Yes, and I'll tell people that my stereo sounds great, to justify what I spent on it.
People will convince themselves that something they paid for is an actual improvement.
Hey..your stereo DOES sound great..I can here it all the way over here!

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by Wolo@Mar 17 2005, 10:06 AM
The rear sway bar actually does more for the car.
Especially true for a 5-speed.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Nothing does more than tires. Geneo is dead on the money. Of course, after you put good rubber underneath, you'll be squirreling away everything you can to get suspension under the car because you find all the handling quirks magnified by 1000. And even if you don't mind some body roll, you'll be wanting better sways. Did I mention I can get the inside front wheel in the air on a turn now, and the engine races like the clutch is slipping because it needs a limited slip spool AND better sway bars?

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
I'm telling you Lance. You need to pick out some tires for me that would work with the stock rims.

(The same rims that you need to show me how to de-curb).

(On the same car that you need to help me diagnose the rattling hatch).

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
why dont you just move in with him for a while, wolo?

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
We all can use some advice as for the rubber on stock rims...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.