Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am a happy tc owner with 1400 hunred miles on my car , and i am wondering what would be the best deal for a FRONT STRUT TIE BAR OUT THERE ,i SAW WEBSITE WITH 225 AND 180 DOLLAR PRICE TAG ,BUT i OLSO WANT A REAL THING NOT JUST FOR SHOW OF,i WANT A THIK BAR FROM GOOD STEEL !!

THANKS FOR ANY HELP AND IDEA!!!

BE SAFE!!

JOHN

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
the front strut tie bar available from you scion dealer is a Fine addition to your tC.

also, consider the rear sway bar as well. 35% decrease in sway from what i understand.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
How did you put 140,000 miles on your car already??

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Originally posted by johny@Oct 10 2004, 03:48 PM
Hey guys I am a happy tc owner with 1400 hunred miles on my car , and i am wondering what would be the best deal for a FRONT STRUT TIE BAR OUT THERE ,i SAW WEBSITE WITH 225 AND 180 DOLLAR PRICE TAG ,BUT i OLSO WANT A REAL THING NOT JUST FOR SHOW OF,i WANT A THIK BAR FROM GOOD STEEL !!

THANKS FOR ANY HELP AND IDEA!!!

BE SAFE!!

JOHN
If this is your first suspension upgrade you REALLY should get the sway bar instead. It makes a huge difference. From what I've heard about the strut bar most people don't even notice a difference after putting it on.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Originally posted by moriarty@Oct 10 2004, 04:10 PM
the front strut tie bar available from you scion dealer is a Fine addition to your tC.

also, consider the rear sway bar as well. 35% decrease in sway from what i understand.
On the "race" setting the TRD swaybar is 64% stiffer than the stock bar. I don't know why anybody would put it on the "street" setting, but that seems to be what most people are doing.

·
Registered
614 Posts
i don't know about the strut bar. i read a post on here that had an article or something that said that a strut bar is useless unless it connects the two towers to the firewall and not just to each other. without being connected to the firewall, the two towers are still moving; they are just moving together. that makes sense to me.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Well at least it looks nice whenever you pop open the hood...
Well I agree... go with the rear sway bar instead... its a better investment.

·
Registered
299 Posts
wish i had money to get a sway bar... considering i'd have to pay someoen to install it

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
moogoo it seriously isn't any easier than installing a sway bar.... You just unbolt the old one, take it out, put in the new one, bolt it in using hte same bolts. that's it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts