Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the dealer install the front plates when the car is delivered? What I mean is, does the dealer drill the holes for the front plate when they get the car? I'm just wondering because I hate how the tC looks with a front plate. I just think it looks a lot cleaner without one. Oh and forgive me if this has been posted before, but I did a search and nothing came up, so I figured that I would ask. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
108 Posts
When i bought my tC there were no holes in the front bumper. IN california i have to put the license place on..so i took it back and made them put one on, they drilled the holes for me..i didnt want to screw with it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The dealer just put my bracket in the trunk and said the cars look much better with out a front plate.

·
Ironhead
12,859 Posts
true that. i have left plates off cars for clients at their request, and it is illegal in cali to run without a front plate. thing is, until your plates arrive from the DMV (or DOL, if you are in WA) you cant have a front plate anyway. there is no law saying you have to have a paper dealer plate on your car. but, once your rear plate goes on, in cali, the fine is on you for a missing front plate.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm in So Cali and never had a front plate on any of my cars. Never been stopped, hope I didn't just jinxed myself.

·
Registered
171 Posts
FYI - I asked them NOT to put mine on. They said, "we can't deliver the car unless we do it, because it's part of the delivery inspection".

I'm in CA and the fronts are required. I even said I won't buy it if they put it on. They said, that was fine, to find another dealer, because they punch the holes on ALL the tC's that come in no matter what. Same went for all the cars on the lot.

Got me if that's the truth or what. BTW it was Power Cerritos.

So, I got me some holes that I don't want. bleah! I just took the damned car. lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.