Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All, I'm checking to see if anyone would be interested in a front license plate mount that allows you to use a frame, without having your bumper drilled. Similar plate mounts that I've seen available on the net only mount with the bottom holes of the plate, which usually won't allow you to use a frame (IE the Scion frames). I have created a mount that can use the top, bottom, or both holes in a plate, can be placed where ever you want on the front grill and is adjustable. Material and colors may be somewhat customizable.

Just checking...

Shane

·
Registered
39 Posts
Count me in as interested.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yup

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I've already got the one from Eight08 Customs... I don't see what's wrong with it. Works fine for me, and I have a frame, but it is a 4-holed frame. You could use a 2-holed frame, like the Scion one, you'd just have the license plate hanging lower on the car.

I'd be interested to see what you've come up with, but I won't commit to buying one, I'm sorry.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine is similar to the Eight08 one, but keeps the plate in the same location as if it were screwed to the bumper. Couple extra pieces of metal. I'll see about taking my plate off today and getting some better pictures. Here's one of it mounted...

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I kinda figured that's about what it would look like. Hell, the Eight08 one could probably use those extra strips for added support anyways. Good luck making some coin on these, your design is probably better.

·
Registered
63 Posts
thats a good idea....

i would maybe try adding rubber caps on the top screws and placing the plate closer to the car....

maybe its just the view but the plate looks far away from the car.

either way, this is nice. good idea. keep us updated

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did find some rubber nipple thingies. I don't know how else to describe them lol. They were like $1 each though.

Yeah the plate is still sitting out a little far. I'll readjust it soon. Some people might not like the head of the bolt pushing against the plate, but it actually helps keep the plate straight and not lean forward.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It definately is....if you have a couple tools to make some pieces. I won't deny that.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
If I ever move to a state that requires a front plate this will be something to look in to.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.