Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i am new to the forum and i am expecting my flint mica next week i was just wondering what people did to put on the front plate ? when i look i dont see a place for it . i guess you need to zip tie it to the bottom piece of the grill but i think it might look crappy . let me know what you did

thanks

·
Registered
619 Posts
there are 2 dimples on the front of the bumper it looks as if you would just screw through it. Thank goodness i don t have to have a front plate.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I have to....Virginia sucks.

·
Registered
15,001 Posts
dont stick the plate in the dash unless u enjoy decapitation!! friends dad is CHP and ive heard the horror stories of that little mistake during car accidents. i say F*** the law and i wait until i get a bs fix it ticket, take it to a friend or bs secure it to the front and get it signed off and away i go. been doin it for quite a few years

·
Registered
619 Posts
the lower grill is big enough on this car you may be able to rig something up. and it might actually look a little trick.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I have a feeling the dealership is gonna' hook mine up before they even call me and say it's ready. If they don't though, I might try that lower grill idea...could be cool.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Originally posted by LoopyLady_1@Jul 18 2004, 12:38 PM
I have a feeling the dealership is gonna' hook mine up before they even call me and say it's ready. If they don't though, I might try that lower grill idea...could be cool.
Thats exactly what happened to me. I called my dealer to remind him that I didn't want the holes drilled but when I went to pick my car up today... guess what... the holes and license plate holder was there.

Oh well... they said they would fix this problem by filling in the holes with something... don't know what that will look like.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
About the lower grill location - check w/ local laws/ordinances - there may be a minimum height requirement, meaning it has to be a certain distance from the ground... I was told by a family friend who's a CHP officer that there is in CA (not sure what it is), so I wouldn't be surprised if other states have it as well... And I also seem to recall him telling me that you're not supposed to have it in your windshield either as mentioned above...

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
If you don't have the holes... don't even bother attaching your plates onto the grill unless you like it there or you get pulled over by the police and they give you a fix it ticket.

I was planning on seeing how long I can go without getting a ticket... some people are lucky and they never get pulled over. When you put the plate on the dash... it is actually easier for the police to notice that you don't have your plates in the right place.

My recommendation is to leave it off all together... I wish I could...
I took off the plate holder today and the holes are ugly... they weren't drilled very nice to begin with so they were very noticeable. I ended up putting the plate holder back on to hide the holes.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Originally posted by C!ph3r@Jul 18 2004, 05:12 AM
the lower grill is big enough on this car you may be able to rig something up. and it might actually look a little trick.
has anyone tried this yet??? i still got about 3 weeks left before i have to put
tags on my car.. i've seen other cars driving around w/o a front tag so i might
just leave it off until i get stopped..

·
Registered
335 Posts
There are actually several of us from NC. Another one from Charlotte, one about to move to Charlotte, and a couple of others in other locations. There is a thread in the southeast forum that different NCers have posted in.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think a meeting with all NC's is in order.. any takers? i don't care how far i have to drive.. i love driving the car so it isn't a big deal.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Originally posted by n3ro+Aug 2 2004, 11:13 AM-->QUOTE (n3ro @ Aug 2 2004, 11:13 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-C!ph3r
@Jul 18 2004, 05:12 AM
has anyone tried this yet??? i still got about 3 weeks left before i have to put
tags on my car.. i've seen other cars driving around w/o a front tag so i might
just leave it off until i get stopped.. [/b]
NOOOO!!! Don't do it if they haven't done it yet. I haven't tried to tie the plates to the grill yet but I saw this thread and some guy came up with a cool contraption to hold the license plates.

http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic....ht=front+plates

1 - 20 of 41 Posts