Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read a bunch of the posts about the clear bra, but quite frankly I am concerned that I will not see the luster of the paint with that on some I am hesitant to use it. I am considering getting the tC from End Mask (either OEM of from LeBra). I just wanted to know if anyone had any experice yet with this. This would be my first bra ever on any of my cars.

I am curios if I take it off every weekend when I was, will I still have to worry about moisture (As I live in south Florida and it rains a lot).

Any comments and information would help. Also if anyone has any picks of the bra on (especially on a flint mica) please share them

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I have an OEM mask, but use it only for 100 mile+ trips. Takes about 10-15 minutes to put on and 5 minutes to take off. It does not look to bad on dark cars - I have a BSP and you almost can't see the mask from 50 yards. Not sure if I'd keep it on the car for a week, though. Maybe if you wax it every weekend, then it would be safer.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Like Eric said, I do have the bra. I got it mainly for long trips (Laps Around the Bay or visits to my folks). I don't drive with it regularly due to the moisture and scratch factors. Make sure to put a bunch of wax down before you put it on and make sure the backside of the bra is completely clean. Otherwise, you will just grind dirt or leaves or whatever else is there into your paint.

The manufacturer warns of allowing the bra to dry on your car, saying it will haze your paint. A few weeks ago, I left it on the car for 2 days after it had rained, and it DID leave a serious haze which I freaked out about. Fortunately, after leaving it out in the sun for a few hours, the haze cleared itself up and I don't have any problems.

Provided you're using it for the same reasons I am (helping avoid chips on long trips), I think its a great investment to protect the thin paint. Just be sure to keep it clean and remove it periodically to keep the paint fade even.

Hope this helps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts