Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the Front Scion emblem be removed off the grill? Or is it a permanent attachment? Thanks.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I think it's attached onto the grill. If you did remove it, I'd think it will be ugly. Just remove the whole thing and go for a mesh, or billet, etc.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I think it would look better all mesh with no emblem.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Yes it is attached to the grill. Also from what i can tell, the grill is attached to the front bumper mask. Would be lots of cuting to replace.

·
Registered
619 Posts
NP

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I checked out the front grill today. Looks to be held on by four screws only. If a company would make a front grill that looks stock without the embelm that would look nice.

·
Registered
7 Posts
umm the grill is only held in by tabs in the bumper at least.....i took the emblem off n painted it now its a all black grill hehe....basically if u mess up just find another tC and punch the grill out it should slide out....just for your info dont do it cuz ur messed up if u do but PM or IM me if u want pics

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I could not find paint that would stay on the Scion emblem - a week later it would start chipping/peeling. So I had to strip the paint - back to stock...

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Originally posted by oneluvunknown@Oct 20 2004, 12:56 PM
ooo i used car paint i primed it then painted car paint then top coated it three times its not gunan chip
unless you used a self etching primer.... the paint WILL chip since the primer basically has nothing to hold onto.

·
Registered
53 Posts
krylon fusion spray paint bonds to quite a few materials without the need of a primer.

i painted a laptop 2 different colors with it. no chips, no problems.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I plan to paint mine. I'm going to try to get as close to 'gunmetal' as possible. Might take a coat of silver with a very light coat of a dark grey to pull it off. Should be fun to play with.

I'd love to see some pics posted of painted emblems...

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
There is a gunmetal wheel paint that works great for things like this. Its a really nice gunmetal color and not too expensive. I did my valve cover and a few other things with it in my old car. Look for that if you want an easier gunmetal.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts