Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered some of Greg's speaker brackets, and I'm going to be putting in some 6.5" Alpines very soon (found here). So if I put these speakers in the front door, there'll be two tweeters; one next to the door handle and the one in the speaker.

How is the power divided up in this? Does it mean the upper tweeter and the lower combo split the front channel power?

Should I just save a little more and get component speakers for the front? If so, how do I mount the upper tweeter? I'm not sure I've seen detailed pictures of front tweeter replacement.

As always, thanks in advance

·
Registered
730 Posts
I'd save up & get the components. The tweeter is easy...use the factory bracket to mount the aftermarket tweeter. All you have to do is bend the tabs and drill a hole in the middle of the bracket to mount the Alpine tweeters. And it retains the factory grill and angle!!! Now go eat cake.

BTW - I got your order on the speaker spacers. I'll be shipping them tomorrow. Thanx.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Components are twice as much... grrr... by the time I get to $200 I'll be saying "only $50 to get the Type Rs!" I'm sure it's worth the extra cash though!

Thanks Greg! I'm sure the tabs and where to drill a hole will make sense when I see it.

Shameless plug: I have 4" Rockford components in the box sitting in my closet. I took them out of my Buick and I have no clue what to do with them. If anyone wants them, lemme know, I'll sell 'em cheap.

·
Registered
102 Posts
man you can find some good components on ebay for pretty cheap. Ganted they are probably made to sell in other countries and the warantee wont be any good but to hell with it if you can get them for under 100.
thats just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Originally posted by adambeazley@Aug 10 2005, 10:13 PM
man you can find some good components on ebay for pretty cheap. Ganted they are probably made to sell in other countries and the warantee wont be any good but to hell with it if you can get them for under 100.
thats just my 2 cents.
Exactly, or better yet, make friends with some people at Best Buy or Circuit City and let them "hook you up".

Cheap price and the warranty

Luckily my sister does

·
Registered
186 Posts
Speaking of coaxes and components, I recently had installed a pair of infinity reference coaxes--the factory component tweeters were disconnected. Would it affect the frequency (response) output of the coaxes if I was to reconnect the tweeters? I'm assuming it would b/c of the built in factory crossover.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I am in the middle of installing my tweeters up front. They are too big for the factory location. i am so frustrated. I need a new mounting place. Is there a good reason i shouldn't put them in the defroster on the sides of the dash. they almost fit perfect. but them i have to drill a hole to run the wire. what do you guys think. Oh and i have a dash mat that i believe has those holes already cut out.
?????????

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
In my last vehicle, I took advantage of the CDT x-over havign the extra port to attach the "staging kit", essentially a .75" soft dome tweeter with an attenuator so you could control the output. It worked pretty well in that car, and that's exactly where I put the second set of tweeters:

Dunno if I'd rely on that position without the ability to control thier output (some x-overs have -3 or -6dB cuts for the high output), because the sound up there can be a bit "bright", due to the reflections off of the glass.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.