Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I met the seller of the car only because his dealership is a few miles away from my house. The car looked so familiar, I had to stop. Not to many del sols around in that condition. I spent so many years steam cleaning that engine and underbody. The only thing I don't like is he put a body kit on it, if anything I thought for a long time about a kaminari kit. Anyways you all probably could care less about it but thought I could get some opinions on my old ricer. Sold the turbo kit before it ever was bolted to the engine. Wrecked it on the freeway when some a$$ side swiped me into the median. Mostly was front end damage but the engine was never touched. This guy wants a lot for the car though. check it out, he doesn't say anything about a wreck. And the line where he says the car has never been raced is kind of funny. LOL.

http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=1...ng=en&cardist=2

Hopefully that address works but if it doesn't it's a 1997 VTEC model with 51k miles in zip code 53219.

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Honda del slow?

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I always kinda considered the Del Sol a gay car... I don't like that rear bumper but the rest of the kit looks good.

oh, and by gay, my HS had a gay band teacher that drove one

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
i like the del sol. not for me, but i like it.
and that is a really nice one. you should buy it back.

·
Registered
281 Posts
del slow huh? maybe the SOHC model but definately NOT the DOHC VTEC model. stock it puts out 160 hp and 127 LBS/TQ, BUT the car only weighs 2200 lbs. and that motor can EEEEASILY bbe modded to 200 HP, which im sorry OBIKE, would hand you your ass. trust me bro, i know all too much about the capabilities of a DOHC VTEC motor. i had a type-r. they can be VERY potent. you might get the jump (in fact you will) but when 3rd gear comes by, and all you hear is the VTEC crossover as you get a new one ripped quickly.
josh

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
127 lb-ft torque? that's pretty low..

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Originally posted by JDangle@Feb 3 2006, 12:51 PM
del slow huh? maybe the SOHC model but definately NOT the DOHC VTEC model. stock it puts out 160 hp and 127 LBS/TQ, BUT the car only weighs 2200 lbs. and that motor can EEEEASILY bbe modded to 200 HP, which im sorry OBIKE, would hand you your ass. trust me bro, i know all too much about the capabilities of a DOHC VTEC motor. i had a type-r. they can be VERY potent. you might get the jump (in fact you will) but when 3rd gear comes by, and all you hear is the VTEC crossover as you get a new one ripped quickly.
josh
... note the smiley attached.

I could do the same to a MR-2 and have it spank the Del Sol 5000 ways from Sunday without even breaking a sweat. In my humble opinion, even the ITR is overrated. Doesn't mean I don't think it's a good car, just way overrated by the entire "JDM tyte" crowd.

·
Registered
281 Posts
overrated????????????? haha apparently you never drove one. named THE best handlingnfront engine front wheel drive car, MOST power out of a 1.8L 195HP (the TC doesnt even have close) limited slip. i can go on and on.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by JDangle@Feb 3 2006, 02:35 PM
i can go on and on.
But do you need to? His opinion is just as right as yours is.

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Originally posted by Plissken+Feb 3 2006, 01:40 PM-->QUOTE (Plissken @ Feb 3 2006, 01:40 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-JDangle
@Feb 3 2006, 02:35 PM
i can go on and on.
But do you need to? His opinion is just as right as yours is. [/b]
Very true... and just because a group of people say something is true doesn't mean it is. I can point to thousands of examples throughout history to prove this.

I have driven one, and wasn't very impressed. I thought it was rather boring. I get more of a thrill from driving the tC than I have in any Honda-made car... and this is just a matter of opinion.

You can appreciate a car without thinking it is the best in the world.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by JDangle@Feb 3 2006, 02:35 PM
MOST power out of a 1.8L 195HP
I've driven an NA 1.8L Matrix with 185whp
Just a 2zz, with some basic bolt-ons.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Who cares about front drive anyway? If I'm going to have a small two-seater I'll take the MR2 (gen I or II) or any Miata over ANY front drive anything. I had an '89 MR2 SC and it was the most fun to drive pocket rocket ever.

And there's no Del Sol that could touch an MR2 MkII with a 3S-GTE and even just a few good mods. Those engines make ridiculous power really easily.

Then there are the one-offs...

Imagine one of these with 700 hp...

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know the car was very much a girly car but it was very fun to drive. Anyways got my Tc now so you see where I stand in my taste in cars.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The kaminari kit would have looked much better, a little bit more clean.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Like I said before, he doesn't even state the car was wrecked. And YES, it has been race, I can assure you that. Although it was never on a real race track.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Not my kind of car, but it looks really clean.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.