Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, as you may, or may not know, I drive a VW. 99 new beetle. It was cool for a while. But, now, I am all pissed. I am forced to have the same opinion of VWs that a lot of other people already have. I really should not need to replace the ecu on a car at 84000 miles, let alone replacing it EVER! And on top of that the part alone is 705 dollars. CURSES! 200 labor to put that thing in.

want to hear the kicker? I have been thinking about getting a scion. tC or xB, I do like them both. I was thinking about just not fixing the car and taking down to the dealership as a trade. But, now I have to get the work done on the car just so I can get it to the dealership to trade the damn thing.

so, to make a crappy story short.... 1,200 dollars later...... fnck!

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Thanks for helping to justify my partially irrational hatred for VWs.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
why dont you just sell it onthe market? You'd get more $$ than the Toyota dealer will give you.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Hmm. Did you already pay for the part? Call junk yards and get an ECU there. Replacing it should not be harder than it was in my Matrix or is in the tC...

I think the nation junk db is www.car-parts.com or smth like that. I got good deals on expensive parts there before - like Car Information unit for a grand cherokee (the one with several lines of text, contour of the car that shows which doors are open, which bulbs went out, or what 4x4 mode you are in) - it was a $1200 part from the dealer. I paid $35 shipped for it from one of these junk yards.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
i think we should put moriarty in an xB and trick the sh!t out of it for him. of course, we would have to send him over to scionlife cause this is a tC forum, but what the hell. he brings nothing to the table.

edit : stupid volkswagen

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
^^^ LOL. Leave the xB stock, and trick the sh!t out of mori

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tricked out mori.

i like the sound of that.

I think i would still be able to fit in here if i put sombodies old tC badge on the xB instead.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Why didn't you call me? I have fixed a few ECUs in my time...

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i guess that is good to know now.

it was at the dealership getting a 80k tune up when it shat the bed..... not completely unexpected. now i just want out from that money pit.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
dont confues the man. i am so freakin tired of hearing the arguments for and against the same two or three vehicles every day. you know who moriarty is? he's that guy i tell to leave my dealership and come back when he is actually going to commit to something. back and forth. so far in discussion i have heard tC, xB, and (i hate typing this, but i heard it in a conversation i was not a part of) civic.
he said 5speed black xB, for sure, he says. so i call my regional rep, and have him switch out a car from another dealer to get him what he says he wants. no he says, i dont know, maybe a tC. maybe a .... F#CK you, moriarty. just decide and call it a day.
moriarty needs to shut the hell up until he can make up his mind.

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i am not going to justify my thought processes.

it all boils down to one thing:

a fool and his money are soon parted[/b]
i dont want to be THAT guy.

F#ck me? I think you have known me long enough to realise that EVERY major purchase i have made since i met you was like this. WHo cares if it takes me more time to make a choise on what i want. At least when i finally do choose, I will be happy with the choise and I know that my money was wisely spent. (i.e. the purchase of some cd players that are still in debate in my head)

the fact is I would not be in the dealership untill i was ready to commit. The only difference is that I just so happen to draw a paycheck from a dealership. I wouldn't need to be kicked out of YOUR office because in reality i wouln't have been there in the first place. I would be doing this at home. I would be talking to people and trying to get some input. If I were a NORMAL customer, you wouldn't know i existed until i came into the store with intent to buy. I thought you would have know that about me.

If you don't want to be there to help, and you are Tired of hearing about my thoughts on the matter, I will take your advise and not mention it to you again. I thought I could share this kind of thing with you but, I guess not.

I wouln't normally air out this laundry in public but it seems I am forced to defend my way of doing things.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.