Scion tC Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
the 2AZ FE engine has a forged crankshaft with 5 journals and 8 weights.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
It's hard to find a cast Toyota crank these days.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
strength. forged cranks are stronger.

·
Registered
272 Posts
if toyota was serious about making a true "supercharged version" u might be able to hope for forged internals. Most manufacturers use forged internals on forced induction models, however as long as it is the standard 2az with a bolt on kit dont hold ur breath

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Toyota builds the strongest engines of any manufacturer bar none. They consistently over-engineer their engines so that the owner can at least DOUBLE the rated output with all stock internals before being concerned about the strength of the OEM pieces. Ask JMS001, he's doing the turbo kit, and he's already publicly stated the OEM pistons and rods are good for MORE than twice the rated output, the same is true of the 2JZ-GE, 2JZ-GTE, and 3S-GTE. The strength of Toyco OEM internals is legendary among import engine builders.

The very LEAST of your worries is strength of the internals. Quit BS'ing about things you don't know anything about.

·
Registered
272 Posts
The very LEAST of your worries is strength of the internals. Quit BS'ing about things you don't know anything about.[/b]
I never said the internals werent strong, I know toyota builds great engines. He asked QUOTE
Now if only they only would use forged pistons and rods we would be set[/b]
and i told him what the deal was, plain and simple.

I'm not BS'ing about anything I "dont" know anything about, so go stick it!

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
guess what guys?

you are both going to put an end to this sh!t, or i will.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by inevitablegod@Feb 16 2005, 10:24 PM
guess what guys?

you are both going to put an end to this sh!t, or i will.
Who you think you is?

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
in the technical forums? god. and because the question Ryan'sTc used to start this thread has been answered correctly, this thread serves no purpose.
except to become a "my dad can beat up your dad" contest. and i say no. so, we are done on this thread.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.