Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From Car and Driver online:
Ford Posts Prices on New Fusion Sedan

The Daily Auto Insider
Friday, June 24, 2005
June 2005

Ford announced that its all-new 2006 Fusion mid-size sedan will have a starting base price of $17,995. Fusion models equipped with a V-6 and 6-speed automatic transmission begin at $21,275, the company said in a statement. Its major standard equipment includes:

* 2.3-liter Duratec 23 I-4, producing 160 horsepower and mated to a 5-speed manual transmission
    * Four wheel power assisted disc brakes and 16-inch wheels with all-season Continental "ContiProContact" tires
    * AM/FM stereo with single CD/MP3 player with four speakers
    * Power door locks with remote keyless entry and power windows with driver's door one-touch down function
    * Five-passenger seating with rear 60/40 spring-assisted fold-down seats
    * Air conditioning, speed control and tilt and telescoping steering wheel
    * Enhanced side impact intrusion protection system

A top-of-the-line Fusion SEL adds fog lamps, 17-inch aluminum wheels on Michelin "Pilot HIX MXM4" tires, automatic temperature control, premium six-CD/MP3 6-speaker stereo, upgraded wood or piano black interior trim and a leather wrapped steering wheel with redundant audio and climate controls. With the optional 5-speed automatic transmission, it will be priced under $20,500, Ford said.

For more power, there's an optional 221-horsepower, 3.0-liter Duratec 30 V-6 and class-leading 6-speed automatic transmission starting at $21,275 for the Fusion SE model.[/b]

Although it's a 4 door, it seems to be in a very similar market segment to the tC. What does everyone else think?

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by Azrael@Aug 24 2005, 11:44 AM
Although it's a 4 door, it seems to be in a very similar market segment to the tC. What does everyone else think?
It's still a Ford.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
fords are teh suck.

first off, its a sedan. so in my opinion, that makes its closest competitor in toyota's family the corolla. its a corolla s and xrs, for more dollars and less reliability along with a lower resale value.
scion wouldnt make you pay more for a 6 speaker sound system, and the super trim level package at 21,200 still cant boast the features we get at 17,800.
and, its still a ford.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Aw crap, I didn't mean to post 3 times. For some reason when I hit the 'back' button on the browser the html went crazy. Delete my first 2 posts plz. Sorry guys.

·
Registered
106 Posts
fords are cool... but only as cop cars ... hahahahaha

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Originally posted by phungy@Aug 24 2005, 03:36 PM
Aw crap, I didn't mean to post 3 times. For some reason when I hit the 'back' button on the browser the html went crazy. Delete my first 2 posts plz. Sorry guys.
you do know you can always just delete them yourself

·
Registered
576 Posts
Originally posted by phungy+Aug 24 2005, 04:14 PM-->QUOTE (phungy @ Aug 24 2005, 04:14 PM)
Originally posted by [email protected] 24 2005, 09:09 AM
It's still a Ford.
Originally posted by [email protected] 24 2005, 09:37 AM
  I hate fords...
<!--QuoteBegin-inevitablegod
@Aug 24 2005, 12:03 PM
  fords are teh suck.
Yep,
[/b]
My Ford Focus sucked large %*$&#.

So I sold in and got a tC.

Which sucks, but only air through my CAI.

·
Registered
15,001 Posts
ford overall can suck, but i do love f-150s and mustangs. their fusion website its a joke, but i really prefer to judge products as i see em on the market and do my own drives

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I'm holding my breath. Wait! I'm as blue as those wheels. OK, gotta breathe again, they're just not gonna do it.

·
Registered
266 Posts
FORD stands for

Found On Road Dead
Fix Or Repair Daily
and my fav >< F ucked Over Rundown Dodge.

yea i would say they r teh suck

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.