Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just stumbled across this link on a Google image search (I wasn't even looking for vertical doors).

http://www.aspecmotorsports.com/trickdoorspictures.htm

There's some cars they just don't look right on... case in point, the Hummer with the suspension lift. There's one tC on there, but it doesn't compare to some of the pics we've seen here in our member's section.

I really like the black and silver Celica. I know it's too ricey for a street-driven car, but it looks like it pulled right off a road course.

EDIT: lol... look at the license plate on that blue RSX with the color-changing paint on the nose.

·
Registered
895 Posts
350Z looks really BAD!

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
the kit on the 350Z makes it look like... ew.

kit vs stock body

stock body pwns the fugly kit.

The RSX looks like someone had an oil spill in the front of the car.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
i dont know why, because i hate this sh!t, but i dont hate this one. only this one. cant figure out why. i want to hate it, i really do. but i dont.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Way too busy. Probably increased the Cd by 0.2 with all that crap.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Jan 20 2006, 09:20 AM
Way too busy.
I agree.

Well, if every car coming and going has lambo style doors where's the originality? I'm sorry, but back in the days of hot rods and such you had people doing all kinds of stupid stuff in the search for originality. Where'd that go?

Just a new age I guess. Oh well.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
"Originality" is a business now. All the aftermarket car part companies are dealing it. I guess if you want the true originiality you speak of, you've got to pay out the ass for custom work.

Here's an idea... mini-van doors! You know, the kind that pop out slightly and slide back. Run with it.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
You can only be original once. After that, you're just a follower like everyone else. It's the same thing as being "non-conformist," which is paradoxical in itself.

There is nothing wrong with copying other people when they have already spent the time and money to develop a good product. Ever heard the phrase, "You don't have to reinvent the wheel every time"?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Some of those vehicles seem like the owners are just trying to hard for attention.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.