Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there!

OK, let me start by saying that I've never done any modifications to a car...none whatsoever...and I'm not mechanically inclined (I check fluid levels in my car and that's about all I do to it on my own).

However, I'd like to add some fog lights to the tC when I get it later this month, and I have no clue on where to start. Got questions about the following:

1) Is there a special sorta' all-in-one kit (lights, switch, etc.) that I can buy that will work on the tC? If so, where can I get it? Hehe.

2) If there is no "kit"....what kinda' lights, wiring, and switches do I need to be looking at getting? Is there a special size I need...special brand...certain type of bulb so it actually looks like it belongs on the car....etc?

3) Is installation pretty basic so that a friend of mine can do it (I mean, electrical work and everything....adding a switch inside the car...blah blah blah), or should I assume that I'll have to take it to a shop and, if so, what can I expect to pay?

4) Is my warranty gonna' get screwed if I have someone else add these lights? Is this a Scion option that will be available later and I should wait to pay them for doing it?

Sorry if the questions are a newbish...just want to make sure I'm covering my bases on this.

THANKS!
Jen

·
Registered
131 Posts
I am just gonna wait until the factory has them as an option.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
is that definitely going to be a factory option?

·
Registered
792 Posts
any fog light kit is gonna have everything you need (switches, relay, etc.). pretty easy to install and they come with directions. hardest part is running the wire thru the firewall... but that just take a screwdriver with the wires taped to it and poke it thru.
You need to measure your opening and then go with what fits. And you'll get what you pay for... cheap lights are gonna be that bright... PIAA is one of the best (and most $)... ive got some of my site if you wanna look. click on my sig.

Nathan
ycart1201

·
Registered
619 Posts
There is a fuse for fog lights so that must mean the option will be there at some point

·
Registered
26 Posts
Do the fog lights go into the break-cooling vents on the front? Isn't that somewhat bad/dangerous when it comes to not giving your breaks sufficient cooling airflow?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts