Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's a real bad chop but you get the jist.... would you get these???? ALL Opinions welcomed about the purchase. They are FOCAL F5's 17x7 +40 offset Silver

· Registered
223 Posts
YUK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

· Registered
6,498 Posts
I would not get those wheels if they were the last set left in the store and I needed to get somewhere really important the next morning. Those are hideous.

· Registered
1,686 Posts
save your money

· Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i actually like them... there aren't any cars here with them (maybe that's a hint hmmmm) I need a list of rims you guys prefer so I can decide..... I don't like gun metal or "dark" colored rims.... Silver or chrome is fine with me... I'm looking for 17's. Any suggestions guys?

· Registered
567 Posts
That looks awsome!.... The one on the rear tire that is. That atrocity on the front would get you shot around Chicago.

· Former '05er
12,590 Posts
What do you want from your wheels? Performance or unique looks? That's the first question you have to answer. If you want performance, you only have a few choices. If you want unique looks, there are lots more choices out there.

Raamaudio and I want performance first. There are only about 3 or 4 choices if you want a light, wide wheel that fits our cars.

· Registered
567 Posts
Raamaudio and I want performance first. There are only about 3 or 4 choices if you want a light, wide wheel that fits our cars.[/b]
And that would be which one's?

· Former '05er
12,590 Posts
In 17's, either the 5Zigen FN01RC in 17 x 8 at about 16 lbs

or the Enkei RPF1 at 15.6 lbs,

or in 17 x 8.5 the 5Zigen Pro Racer GN+ at about 18 lbs.

The big advantages to 17's are weight and tire selection. Going to 18" wheels typically means a 20 lb rim, unless you stick with the Enkei at ~18.3. Tire selection in 18 is limited compared to 17, but it is possible to run a 245/35/18 from a few reputable manufacturers. Still, the 18 will weigh in a tad heavier, and weight is the enemy.

· Registered
4,643 Posts
I used to have these on my last car:

Team Dynamics Pro Race 1
cast wheel, 17x7, 15lbs and the beautiful thing about them was cost - they used to be available for under $150/piece. Can't find them any more for that price, though.

· Former '05er
12,590 Posts
I was quoted $163 for the FN01RCs in 17 x 8. I paid $240 for the GN+ in 17 x 8.5.

· Registered
26 Posts
my rims of HIGH interest

work emotion (gunmetal)

ssr gt1

ssr gt3

· Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I like those SSR GT1's... where can I find those?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.